Paid Acquisition Marketing Manager II
At Acorns we look after the financial best interest of the up-and-coming. We are innovators. We make bold decisions. We stay curious, inspiring one another to push past all previous thresholds of possibility. We are one team and are building a diverse community of team members, partners, and customers from all walks of life to foster creativity, challenge conventional thinking, and put the tools of wealth-making in everyone’s hands.
We are looking for missionaries who are rooted in purpose, to join our team. We can achieve our goals if we are a team of missionaries working toward a shared purpose and mission.
Our mission? With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering, proud step of micro-investing.
How do we accomplish our mission? Our values.
Lead With Heart
With compassion, integrity, and tenacity, inspire yourself and others to move past all previous thresholds of possibility
Make Bold Decisions
We are creating a new world. Be optimistic, adventurous, and courageous. Leap fearlessly into the future
Always Build Trust
Say what you mean, mean what you say, and do what you say you’re going to do. We are all owners. We are one team
Never Stop Growing
Change IS the constant. Stay hungry and curious. Be relentless in the pursuit of progress
Find a way
Never settle, no excuses, nothing is impossible. Just make it happen
Our values guide us, and our mission drives us.
Come join us and help deliver financial wellness for the whole family, creating compound growth at every life stage.
Paid Acquisition Marketing Manager II | Acorns
Acorns is looking for a Paid Acquisition Marketing Manager II to join the team to assist in driving customer growth. This individual will work in a fast-paced team environment overseeing some of Acorn’s paid customer acquisition channels. This individual will be driving high-quality subscriber growth through channel optimization, collaborating with our design team to experiment with new creatives and messaging, and testing new channel opportunities.
This role has the option to be remote or based in our Irvine or New York offices.
You are not expected to have experience with all listed requirements. If you feel passionately about Acorns' mission, vision, and values, please apply.
Within 1 month, you will
- Introduce yourself to the growth team members, stakeholders and collaborators
- Get familiar with the channels, tools, metrics, and past campaign results
- Meet with business leaders and teams across the organization to understand how Acorns works
- Hit the ground running by managing at least one of Acorns paid acquisition channels across Google and video (linear TV, streaming, OTT, programmatic) and generate some early wins
Within 6 months, you will:
- Significantly improve current channel efficiency through testing and optimization
- Explore at least 5-10 new strategic opportunities with early testing
- Establish a streamlined process working with brand, creative and analytics partners
- Refine robust reporting & automation to improve operational efficiency
- Manage agency relationships, including quarterly OKR process with clear goals and deliverables to support Acorns’ growth objectives
Within 12 months, you will:
- Become the leader in strategy & execution for paid marketing in your managed channels
- Consistently deliver and exceed ambitious performance goals on time and on budget
- Build a high performing paid marketing program combining data-driven experimentation, deep customer understanding, and high level of creativity
- Expand current paid channels through ongoing optimization and creative testing
- Explore opportunities and build out new channels to drive future Acorns growth
- Work closely with creative teams to develop highly performant ads at a high output
- Ensure that brand messaging and identity are reflected across the entire customer journey
- Improve leadership and management skills with the opportunity to participate in a leadership training program.
What you will bring to Acorns:
- 4-6+ years of direct experience managing paid mobile user acquisition campaigns at scale across multiple channels and ad networks, with preferred experience managing Google web and app campaigns and video channels, while exceeding specific KPIs through optimization, automation, and creative. Experience in financial services or subscription businesses is a plus
- Results-driven professional with a mindset of relentless experimentation across existing channels while constantly finding and growing new acquisition channels
- Highly analytical with a strong proficiency with Excel/Google Sheets (pivot tables, vlookups, basic modeling) and understanding of statistics and test design
- Strong communicator, self-starter, and able to work in a fast environment to get things done. Able to handle multiple tasks with attention to detail and work under pressure
- Driven to learn fast, be creative, and win as a team with an exceptional drive and precision in delivery
- Thirst for delivering game-changing products and a belief that your work is tied to your life's mission and optimism about the potential of societal change
You are not expected to have experience with all listed requirements. If you feel passionate about Acorns' mission, vision, and values, please apply.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Flexible work hours, location, and paid time off
- 401k discretionary match
- Monthly Acorns account contribution & GoHenry account for your family
- Wellness Days - Company-wide quarterly days off to rest + recharge
- Mindfulness, Mental Health, and Financial Wellness resources: Headspace, Ginger, and Addition Wealth are offered at no cost to you
- Acorns Career Development Program (Monthly Acorns to Oaks training sessions, development plans, quarterly development check-ins, Cornerstone’s online training platform)
- Roots Leadership Program for emerging leaders
- Monthly community celebrations, events, panel discussions, and speakers
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission, and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is how everyday consumers save & invest for the long term. To date, customers have invested over $15 billion with Acorns, much of it in spare change. By putting the tools of wealth-making in everyone's hands, Acorns has become the largest subscription service in U.S. consumer finance, serving over 10 million everyday Americans. Customers get automated investing in diversified portfolios, a simple retirement product, a bank account that helps people spend less to invest more, and bonus investments from 20k brands. Plus, everyday Americans can easily invest in their kids and get money news they can use, all from the same app. From acorns, mighty oaks do grow!
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
- Lead With Heart
- Make Bold Decisions
- Always Build Trust
- Never Stop Growing
- Find a Way
Commitment to a diverse community:
Acorns is committed to building a diverse community of customers, partners, and team members. We believe that fostering diversity not only fuels creativity but also challenges conventional thinking and helps us properly represent the unique experience of the everyday consumer that we serve.
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $123,000 and $145,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, equity grants, and discretionary cash bonus awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.