Business Intelligence Data Analyst
eSentire is on a mission to hunt, investigate and stop cyber threats before they become business disrupting events. We were founded from the premise that if you can't find a solution, you build it. Entrepreneurship and innovation are in our DNA. Our culture is based on transparency, candor, and resiliency. At eSentire, continuous improvement isn't an option. It's expected.
Join our team and build your cybersecurity career in one of the world's most dynamic industries.
Reporting to the Manager, Business Intelligence, the Business Intelligence Data Analyst will work with clients across eSentire to analyze, plan, organize, and optimize our analytical databases and applications. They will work to improve the Business Operations Analytics and Reporting (BOAR) team’s utilization of data to help the company meet business goals and objectives. The Analyst will gather those requirements and engage in expanding the data warehouse and its capabilities by extending and/or improving the data warehouse architecture and other external data sources. The primary focus is to maintain, enhance, and administer the ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes.
The successful candidate will be experienced in all aspects of BI starting with the collection and transformation of detailed data elements, through to helping users access and use the information in the data warehouse. The BI Data Analyst will assist BI Analysts in developing the presentation layer(s) and providing specialized reporting views. In addition, the successful candidate will provide support to data analytics clients by providing features/data elements for advanced analysis such as forecasting and predictions.
The incumbent will keep up to date with the rapid advancements being made in BI systems and will help both the BOAR team and business users understand how the new technologies can be applied to move the company forward in planning and monitoring goals and objectives.
Project Leadership and Support
- Supports the development and maintenance of data warehouses and creates new or expanded data stores to support new requirements.
- Supports multifunctional teams to ensure data warehouse projects are aligned with other BOAR projects and meet user requirements.
- Resolves issues related to service requests or production problems.
- Collaborates with business users to understand and collect business requirements.
Planning and Analysis
- Supports projects to develop new data sources, new data feeds, new data stores and new tools for end users.
- Analyzes current reporting applications and/or data warehouses through review of documentation and interviews with clients.
- Follows and is compliant with company policies and security/privacy procedures.
- Prepares or assists with feasibility studies, requirements definitions, conceptual design documents, work plans, systems design, implementation designs, system and program specifications, and system and client documentation.
- Defines testing requirements.
- Troubleshoots, researches and has a deep understanding of sources of data and production systems.
- Develops and manages implementation of data/code fixes for defects utilizing the Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) process.
- Monitors data warehouses load performance and data quality on a regular basis or for month-end and works with Business Systems team to improve both performance and quality.
- Consults with managers in requesting business units to determine project timelines, and where necessary, develops project plans to complete data warehouse requests.
Design, Development and Administration
- Extract, Transfer Load (ETL): Design end to end processes to extract, transfer and load data from CRM, ERP, HCM systems and other sources into the Data Warehouse.
- Manage architecture, applications, systems and reporting services
- Co-ordinate the design and develop efficient workflow processes to automate ETL events
- Identifying, troubleshooting and reporting application performance and outages
- Fine tuning and performance enhancement throughout all ETL processes through data cleansing recommendations, coding and redesigning of data models
- Develops SQL queries, shell scripts, SQL stored procedures, and reports, using customer requirements and documents, in accordance with established criteria and standards.
- Designs, integrates, tests, maintains, and supports automated reports delivered through Power BI or other technologies, as required.
- Designs and executes the moving of data from one environment to another by using Imports or SQL queries.
- Prepares operational documentation for the system users and support teams according to established departmental and divisional standards.
- Contributes to team effort by completing assigned tasks and supporting other team members.
- Creates program design specifications in accordance with established criteria and standards
- Provide the quality assurance on promoting applications and services received from program analysts through development environment and test to production server application according to company approved promotion policies, procedures and change management routines.
- Minimum four (4) year Degree in Computer Science, Data Science or a related field
- Minimum three (3) years in Data Warehouse Design and Architecture, including extensive experience designing, implementing and supporting data model and data warehouse projects.
- Experience with designing and supporting the 3 database functions of the ETL
- Strong understanding of the CRM, ERP, and HCM products and the flow of information in context of data warehousing
- Strong understanding of MS SQL Server and SQL programming
- Data Warehouse Design or similar certification a plus
Demonstrated experience in:
- Relational Database Management System (RDBMS).
- A business analyst and/or systems analyst in IT role together with experience in managing customer relationships and project coordination/project management.
- Technology process mapping, business process mapping and workflow.
- Executing quality assurance best practice and procedures for information systems and services.
- SQL programming
- Extract-Transform-Load Tools and Techniques (Boomi or similar)
- MS Azure/other Cloud platforms
- Shell scripting familiarity
- Knowledge of Oracle database architecture
- Advanced Shell Scripting abilities, Python proficiency
- Collaboration and facilitation skills to consult with diverse stakeholders and facilitate discussions among stakeholders with different interests
- Strong judgement, organizational skills and ability to be flexible/adaptable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Why a Career with eSentire?
Our Culture: At eSentire we work in a collaborative and innovative work environment. We work with brilliant and passionate people who strive and encourage others to do their best. eSentire’s idea-rich environment welcomes creative and sometimes unconventional perspectives!
Growth Opportunities: At eSentire you will have the opportunity to grow and make an impact from your work. We encourage innovation in all who become a part of our team. With growing operations internationally, there are many lateral and upward advancement opportunities for rewarding and developing careers with eSentire. We’re strong believers in continuing education and provide the resources that you need to continue learning.
Employee Perks: We provide breakfast, snacks and refreshments (at our physical office locations in Waterloo, London, and Cork), flexible working hours and vacation, company-wide equity and bonus programs, subsidies for continuing education and health & wellness, and attractive compensation and benefits plans. We make it our obligation to the team to stay current with compensation trends in the tech field!
We thank all applicants in advance for applying. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
eSentire is committed to creating a fair work environment that is aligned with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We guarantee equal treatment and provide opportunities regardless of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these basis. If you have any accessibility requirements during the recruitment process, please reach out to our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org and any accommodation needs will be addressed upon request.
- Job Family Business Analysis
- Pay Type Salary
Something looks off?