Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
eSentire, Inc. is the Authority in Managed Detection and Response, protecting the critical data and applications of 2000+ organizations in 80+ countries, across 35 industries from known and unknown cyber threats.
Founded in 2001, the company’s mission is to hunt, investigate and stop cyber threats before they become business-disrupting events. Combining cutting-edge machine learning XDR technology, 24/7 Threat Hunting, and proven security operations leadership, eSentire mitigates business risk and enables security at scale.
The Team eSentire difference means enterprises are protected by the best in the business with a named Cyber Risk Advisor, 24/7 access to SOC Cyber Analysts, Elite Threat Hunters, and industry-leading threat intelligence research from eSentire’s Threat Response Unit (TRU). eSentire provides Managed Risk, Managed Detection and Response and Incident Response services.
It's our mission at eSentire to protect our customers 24/7/365 and we extend this conviction to job seekers. During the application and interview process, eSentire will communicate with you from one of our corporate "@esentire.com" email addresses, never from a public email address. We strive to provide a welcoming, respectful, and thorough interview process, providing the candidate with ample opportunity to spend time with the hiring manager, recruiter, and future colleagues face to face, or using a video conference technology.
eSentire is in search of an accomplished Software Engineer, specializing in the development of Endpoint Detection Software. As a crucial member of our team, you will be at the forefront of crafting our next-generation SaaS platform. Your responsibilities will extend to owning substantial sections of code, encompassing not only the creation of innovative features but also the ongoing evolution of these components. You understand the challenges involved in building cutting-edge security solutions, and your role will involve translating complex data into actionable insights for our team of threat hunters.
Highlights of the Opportunity
- Contribute to eSentire’s Endpoint Detection software and corresponding engines which form the first line of defense for our customers.
- Build next generation SaaS for endpoint agent and backend services for eSentire’s XDR platform
- Ownership of significant areas of the code for both new feature/functionality development as well as to maintain or improve parts of the existing components/products
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams to develop new and improve on existing features
- Documenting business requirements and coming up with the technical solutions
- Continuous focus and contribution in the areas of performance, availability & scalability, reliability, and maintainability of the product
- Active participation in our ongoing process enhancements and software development practices
- 3+ years of experience developing enterprise and cloud-based applications
- Proficiency in Python or GoLang is a must
- Strong understanding of Linux and Operating systems
- Experience with Agile and test-driven development, continuous integration and version control (Git)
- Exposure to bug tracking and task management software such as JIRA and Confluence
- Self motivated and active participation in customer/partner design meetings and general engagements
- Substantial knowledge of Security and Cloud Technologies
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution
- Experience building scalable rest API and Backend services
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of queuing architectures using ZeroMQ, Redis, RabbitMQ, Kafka, etc.
- Understanding of AWS service offerings and capabilities
- Experience with EDR technologies and information security is a plus
- Excellent inter-personal and teamwork skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Why a Career with eSentire?
Our Culture: At eSentire we work in a collaborative and innovative work environment. We work with brilliant and passionate people who strive and encourage others to do their best. eSentire’s idea-rich environment welcomes creative and sometimes unconventional perspectives!
Growth Opportunities: At eSentire you will have the opportunity to grow and make an impact from your work. We encourage innovation in all who become a part of our team. With growing operations internationally, there are many lateral and upward advancement opportunities for rewarding and developing careers with eSentire. We’re strong believers in continuing education and provide the resources that you need to continue learning.
Employee Perks: We provide breakfast, snacks and refreshments (at our physical office locations in Waterloo, London, and Cork), flexible working hours and vacation, company-wide equity and bonus programs, subsidies for continuing education and health & wellness, and attractive compensation and benefits plans. We make it our obligation to the team to stay current with compensation trends in the tech field!
We thank all applicants in advance for applying. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
eSentire is committed to creating a fair work environment that is aligned with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We guarantee equal treatment and provide opportunities regardless of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these basis. If you have any accessibility requirements during the recruitment process, please reach out to our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org and any accommodation needs will be addressed upon request.
- Job Family Software Development & Engineering
- Pay Type Salary