eSentire, Inc. is the Authority in Managed Detection and Response, protecting the critical data and applications of 2000+ organizations in 80+ countries, across 35 industries from known and unknown cyber threats.
The Team eSentire difference means enterprises are protected by the best in the business with a named Cyber Risk Advisor, 24/7 access to SOC Cyber Analysts, Elite Threat Hunters, and industry-leading threat intelligence research from eSentire’s Threat Response Unit (TRU). eSentire provides Managed Risk, Managed Detection and Response and Incident Response services.
It's our mission at eSentire to protect our customers 24/7/365 and we extend this conviction to job seekers. During the application and interview process, eSentire will communicate with you from one of our corporate "@esentire.com" email addresses, never from a public email address. We strive to provide a welcoming, respectful, and thorough interview process, providing the candidate with ample opportunity to spend time with the hiring manager, recruiter, and future colleagues face to face, or using a video conference technology.
Join our growing team of skilled technical professionals, providing Tier-2 support for eSentire's MDR offerings. This role offers the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies, collaborate with various teams, and thrive in a supportive and inclusive work environment. As a Technical Specialist, you will be responsible for providing in-depth support to our customers and our Tier-1 support team, ensuring the related technologies remain operationally stabile throughout our customers' partnership with eSentire. Reporting directly to the Manager of Technical Services & Deployments, this role presents a great opportunity to showcase your technical expertise, collaborate with talented individuals, and contribute to our mission of providing exceptional customer support.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a detail-oriented technical professional with a positive attitude and stellar customer communication skills. You have a naturally curious mindset, always seeking out opportunities to expand your knowledge and stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and standards. You are open to finding innovative solutions that meet both the customer’s needs and that of our business, while maintaining the safety and security of both. You have an analytical approach to problem-solving in the most efficient manner and can explain technical concepts in a clear and concise manner, regardless of the client's technical expertise.
WHAT YOU ARE GREAT AT
You are a proactive self-starter who is comfortable interacting with stakeholders at various levels of the organization both internal and external and can take ownership of ensuring all work is completed thoroughly and accurately, ensuring solution based articles for both internal and external audiences are created and/or updated. You excel at communicating complex technical language and concepts with end customers of all levels. You have a strong understanding of endpoint management concepts, a good understanding of networking, exposure to cloud computing, and have a passion for continued learning.
A Technical Specialist handles the following:
- Providing support for a range of eSentire MDR offerings, such as Endpoint and Network products and services.
- Supporting inquiries and issues from from our customers and our Tier-1 support team, including:
- Analyzing information, data and logs related to the symptoms in order to identify the underlying problem.
- Applying creative thinking to develop solutions which prioritize the best interests of our customers network(s) and our business, with a focus on delivering a high-quality customer experience.
- Documenting all troubleshooting steps and related results within our case and knowledge management systems.
- Escalate issues that require Tier-3 support to the appropriate internal/external teams when necessary.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to support customer issues and inquiries.
- Providing technical guidance and support with implementation & feasibility inquiries along with sharing industry standard best practices and recommendations with stakeholders and leaders.
- Create and maintain knowledge and process articles.
- Being flexible to take on projects and duties as needed, including participation in on-call rotation.
WHAT WE REQUIRE
We are looking for candidates who possess the following;
- Exposure to or experience with enterprise endpoint technologies including application troubleshooting and support.
- Familiarity with networking concepts, such as LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, Routers, Switches, Firewalls, SD-WAN, Traffic Mirroring.
- Experience and/or proficiency in Linux command line operations.
- Strong technical communication skills, both verbal and written, to effectively work directly with clients in a technical capacity while maintaining a customer-focused approach.
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills, with a focus on root cause analysis.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and a continuous improvement mindset, striving for excellence in all tasks.
- Capability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple priorities effectively.
NICE TO HAVE
Exposure to and experience with the following;
- Endpoint security solutions (ex: Microsoft Defender, CrowdStrike, Carbon Black, and/or SentinelOne)
- Cloud computing concepts and technologies
- Enterprise software distribution tools such as SCCM, Endpoint Manager, Intune, GPO & others
- Computer software and hardware, including desktop computers, servers, laptops, network devices, and peripherals.
Why a Career with eSentire?
Our Culture: At eSentire we work in a collaborative and innovative work environment. We work with brilliant and passionate people who strive and encourage others to do their best. eSentire’s idea-rich environment welcomes creative and sometimes unconventional perspectives!
Growth Opportunities: At eSentire you will have the opportunity to grow and make an impact from your work. We encourage innovation in all who become a part of our team. With growing operations internationally, there are many lateral and upward advancement opportunities for rewarding and developing careers with eSentire. We’re strong believers in continuing education and provide the resources that you need to continue learning.
Employee Perks: We provide breakfast, snacks and refreshments (at our physical office locations in Waterloo, London, and Cork), flexible working hours and vacation, company-wide equity and bonus programs, subsidies for continuing education and health & wellness, and attractive compensation and benefits plans. We make it our obligation to the team to stay current with compensation trends in the tech field!
We thank all applicants in advance for applying. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
eSentire is committed to creating a fair work environment that is aligned with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We guarantee equal treatment and provide opportunities regardless of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these basis. If you have any accessibility requirements during the recruitment process, please reach out to our HR team at email@example.com and any accommodation needs will be addressed upon request.
- Job Family Information Technology
- Pay Type Salary