Swedish Content Editor
Gambling.com Group (Nasdaq: GAMB) is looking for talented individuals to join its diverse and growing team in Europe. Through a portfolio of brands -- including flagship website Gambling.com, as well as Bookies.com and the new Casinos.com -- Gambling.com Group helps online gamblers start their consumer journey with confidence by delivering best-in-class content featuring expert analysis, independent reviews, news, tips, odds comparisons and more.
The Group over its 16-year history has positioned itself as one of Europe’s premier performance marketing companies and is one of the leaders in responsible player acquisition across the regulated, global online gambling industry. The Group has won nearly every award in the gambling affiliate industry for sports and casino, most recently winning SBC Casino Affiliate of the Year and EGR Sports Affiliate in 2022, and is a two-time winner of the prestigious EGR Affiliate of the Year award.
Europe remains a key market of focus for the Group as it continues its period of exciting growth in 2023. The Group has offices in Dublin, its EU headquarters, and Malta.
We are looking for a Swedish Content Editor to work across our Swedish language Gambling.com website with a focus on commissioning, editing and publishing high quality sports betting content, including news, and strategy online publications.
The person in the role should be responsible for the sourcing, management and retention of suitable freelancer writers for our website platforms including quality control, ideation and reporting to stakeholders on results.
This role sits within our Content Team but consistently works cross-functionally with our product sales, design, marketing teams to create the perfect user experience and remain aligned with core company goals.
- Delivering sports betting and football content and key targets. Delivering a well-rounded, complete sport betting content plan that appeals to online bettors
- Develop award winning editorial content with standout features including betting tipping, analysis, features, in depth interviews
- Sourcing / management and retention of freelancers & commission of high-quality original content
- Editing & publishing commissioned articles in a timely fashion to maximise commercial goals and company strategies
- Manage and account for freelancer budget and resources. Report to stakeholders on freelancer activity, commercial KPI’s and suggest process improvements where merited for implementation
- Work with stakeholders and product managers to deliver freelancer content that aligns with sporting calendar, news requirements, product updates and website development
- Optimise copy and data within content created using knowledge of SEO and internal company SEO teams, persuasion or branding, depending on the occasion
- Continually suggest new and exciting ways to engage and form relationships through development of content
- Strategic planning and ideation with larger content and product teams
- On-page SEO and UX optimizations
- Sports betting expert
- Native in Swedish, and an excellent writer and communicator
- Experience writing and editing sport betting/ football copy for a wide array of marketing and content needs
- Experience of working with ‘football talent’ and freelance writers
- Experience in content planning
- Experienced in working within digital content writing (iGaming industry a plus)
- Flawless writer with a keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated experience in managing online content
- Basic knowledge of HTML and SEO
- Journalistic background
- Knowledgeable of conversion-oriented copywriting tactics
- Knowledge of ranking factors and search engine algorithms
- Experience with common SEO and digital marketing tools i.e. Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEMrush, Ahrefs
- Experience of HTML
Perks & Benefits
- Comprehensive private Healthcare Insurance
- Flexible work environment and home office available
- Home office allowance
- Gym & Leisure Allowance
- All the hardware and software you need to be successful
- Regular company events and social outings, activities, Spot Awards and a Monthly Social Club
- Access to courses for Personal and Career Development
- Company Paid Volunteer Day