Manager, Government Affairs
Gambling.com Group (Nasdaq: GAMB) is looking for exceptional talent interested in the fast-paced, fast-growth online sports betting and online gambling industry in the U.S. The Group operates a portfolio of websites -- including its flagship Gambling.com and sports betting brand Bookies.com, as well as a variety of state-specific websites such as NewYorkBets.com, BetArizona.com and BetOhio.com. These help consumers navigate legal online sports betting and gambling options with expert analysis, independent reviews, news, tips, odds comparisons and more.
With over half of U.S. states now offering legal, regulated sports betting, and plenty more poised to do so in 2023 and beyond, the North American market is expected to be the future of the global online gambling industry. The Group’s acquisitions of RotoWire.com and BonusFinder.com and media partnerships with Gannett and the McClatchy Company in the last 12 months have strengthened its position in North America and positioned the Group for significant growth.
As the first and only online gambling affiliate publicly traded in the U.S., the Group has won nearly every award in the gambling affiliate industry for sports and casino -- most recently winning SBC North America Sports Affiliate of the Year in 2023 -- and is a two-time winner of the prestigious EGR Global Affiliate of the Year award. The Group has a growing U.S. HQ in Charlotte, North Carolina, with offices in Tampa, Florida and Madison, Wisconsin as well.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Manager of Government Affairs to join our team. As the Manager of Government Affairs, you will play a critical role in shaping the regulatory landscape for online gambling and performance marketing in the United States. Your primary responsibility will be to engage and work closely with regulators, government agencies, and other key stakeholders to influence policies that positively impact our company and industry. You will help serve as the face of our company and industry in governmental relations, promoting our interests and advocating for a fair and transparent regulatory framework for performance marketing companies.
If you are a highly motivated individual with a passion for influencing the regulatory landscape of the online gambling industry, we invite you to apply for the position of Manager of Government Affairs. Join our team and help shape the future of online gambling regulation in the United States.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key regulators, policymakers, industry associations, consortiums to which the Group is or may be a member, and other relevant stakeholders to ensure the company’s and industry’s interests are effectively represented.
- Monitor and analyze legislative and regulatory developments at the federal, state, and local levels, providing timely updates and recommendations to senior management.
- Collaborate with internal teams to provide regulatory guidance, ensuring compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and best practices.
- Lead advocacy efforts to shape public opinion and influence regulatory decision-making processes through education, effective communication, and coalition building.
- Represent the company at industry conferences, public hearings, and other relevant events, articulating our positions and promoting our brand.
- Prepare and submit letters, presentations, and other materials to communicate the company’s position on legislative and regulatory matters.
- Stay informed about the latest industry trends, emerging technologies, and regulatory frameworks related to performance marketing and online gambling, keeping the company informed and prepared for potential changes.
- At least 5 years of experience in government affairs, public policy, or related roles, preferably in the gambling industry, with a strong emphasis on engaging with regulators.
- Extensive knowledge of the online gambling industry and its regulatory landscape in the United States.
- Proven track record of successfully influencing regulations, preferably within the online gambling or related sectors.
- Strong network of contacts within regulatory bodies, government agencies, and industry associations related to online gambling.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex issues clearly and concisely to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong project management, analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to evaluate regulatory proposals and their potential impact on the company.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, managing multiple projects and priorities effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including regulators and industry representatives.
- A passion for the online gambling industry and a commitment to promoting responsible gambling practices.
Perks & Benefits
- Comprehensive private Healthcare Insurance
- Flexible work environment and home office available
- Home office allowance
- Gym & Leisure Allowance
- All the hardware and software you need to be successful
- Regular company events and social outings, activities, Spot Awards and a Monthly Social Club
- Access to courses for Personal and Career Development
- Company Paid Volunteer Day