GoHenry is a London and New York-based fintech company that pioneered the youth fintech and financial education category. We are on a mission to make every kid smart with money and to delight our community of 2 million parents, kids, and teens with innovative, market-leading tools to help parents raise financially healthy kids.
GoHenry offers a debit card and app for kids and teens and companion apps for the family, with in-app tools for sending money, automating allowance, managing chores, setting savings goals, giving to charity, and in-app financial education lessons where kids can watch videos, take quizzes and earn points & badges. This is all designed to help kids and teens build good money habits that will last a lifetime.
Who we’re looking for
An experienced mid-level Platform Engineer to join our existing small, but impactful, platform team of two within our wider technology team.
Our ideal candidate is personable, self-driven, and motivated. You will also embody team spirit, and have a passion for continuous improvement.
With that being said, we believe that maintaining a fun and collaborative environment is crucial to our success. Therefore, if you enjoy the occasional board game (not a deal-breaker) or team building activities, you’ll fit right in!
If you’re excited by the prospect of being part of a team that values these qualities and encourages personal and professional growth, please get in touch, we’d love to learn more about you.
What you’ll do
The primary focus of the role will consist of building, maintaining, and improving the cloud infrastructure through the creation of high quality Terraform code. This is rooted in following best practices, internal conventions, and guidelines.
We run approximately 65 Java microservices hosted on multiple Kubernetes clusters, interacting with MySQL, RabbitMQ, Pub/Sub, and other services such as Cloudflare.
Every third week, during working hours, you will provide Platform support via Slack and our ticketing system. This rotation serves as a chance to learn about all aspects of the GoHenry infrastructure and allows the others in the team to focus on deep work. It is also a brilliant opportunity to strengthen connections with other colleagues across the organisation.
What we’re looking for
- Demonstrable commercial experience with:
- Google Cloud Platform (preferred) or AWS
- Kubernetes (we use GKE)
- Linux systems administration, including some scripting
- Experience with monitoring tools (we use Datadog and some Google Cloud Monitoring)
Bonus points if you have
- A development background or interest, either professionally or personally
- Some knowledge of Cloud or traditional networking; firewalls, VPNs, VPCs, NAT, etc
- Some experience of Bitbucket Pipelines or another CI/CD service
- Experience collaborating as a member of a smaller team
- goFlex - flexible working that lets you choose how (& where) you work best (office / home / a mix of both)
- 33 days of holiday (including public holidays)
- An additional birthday day off
- Family-friendly leave policies
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Westfield Cash Health Plan (for you and your children)
- Westfield surgery plan after 3 years’ service
- Westfield Rewards (receive discounts at over 600 retailers)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Training opportunities to further develop your craft
- Choose your own equipment
We are proud to say...
- We help over two million members improve their money skills every single day.
- We are one of Tech Track’s top 50 fastest growing UK companies.
- We were nominated for ‘Best Personal Finance App’ at the British Bank Awards 2020.
- We were voted 'Best Children's Financial Provider' at the British Bank Awards 2021.
- Our kids and parents have donated over £200,000 of their own money to NSPCC via their GoHenry accounts.
- We won the Kids' Cards category of Finder's Customer Satisfaction Awards 2022.
GoHenry is an equal-opportunity employer, and we are on a mission to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace. Individuals seeking employment at GoHenry are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Want to join our mission?
If GoHenry sounds like a place you would like to be, please apply using the link below.