Senior Front End Engineer (Website)
GoHenry is a London and New York-based fintech company that pioneered the youth fintech and financial education category. We are on a mission to make every kid smart with money and to delight our community of 2 million parents, kids, and teens with innovative, market-leading tools to help parents raise financially healthy kids.
GoHenry offers a debit card and app for kids and teens and companion apps for the family, with in-app tools for sending money, automating allowance, managing chores, setting savings goals, giving to charity, and in-app financial education lessons where kids can watch videos, take quizzes and earn points & badges. This is all designed to help kids and teens build good money habits that will last a lifetime.
What you’ll do
Reporting to, and collaborating closely with our Head of Front-end Engineering, your key responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating with the Marketing, Product and wider Tech teams to refine ideas and help with technical decisions and planning
- Contributing to the architecture of GoHenry’s new Gatsby based website, as well as creating new web pages and features according to specifications and designs
- Syncing with the wider Front-end team to share knowledge, practices and updates
- Leading on and contributing to the development and maintenance of the website’s component library
- Assessing and fixing security issues in the code
- Evaluating and optimising the website’s speed and performance metrics
- Performing code reviews and helping the team set up and maintain up-to-date best practices and coding standards
- Working closely with the QA and Delivery teams to safely deliver a solid and enjoyable product.
Who we’re looking for
- A proactive, communicative developer who initiates and leads improvements to code, workflow and processes
- A pragmatic engineer tuned in to iterative software development approaches, able to advise Marketing and Product teams on how to best deliver their ideas, maintaining compliance, legal and quality standards
- A confident specialist with a positive and kind attitude who’s keen to feedback to and mentor more junior developers whilst keeping a learner’s mindset.
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years of experience in website development
- Practical, in-depth experience with the Gatsby framework
- Deep understanding of Agile methodologies, Jira, git, CI/CD
- Familiarity with responsive/adaptive principles, usability, accessibility, and cross-browser issues and solutions
- Proficiency in integrating REST APIs
- Excellent communication skills, to effectively liaise, interact, advocate, explain concepts to both technical and non-technical team members
- On-point grasp of the value of front-end best practices, and a passion for implementing them
- Deep understanding of the risks and efforts associated with delivering a fast, compliant, frictionless website to large audiences and crawlers alike
- Good knowledge of SEO, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
Nice to have
- Optimizely and A/B testing
- Storyblok content API integration
- Snyk, Sentry
What we’re offering
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- An additional day off on your birthday (or any other day in the same week)
- Flexible Public Holidays
- Family-friendly leave policies
- Death in service – 4x your annual salary from month 1
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity Leave.
- Westfield Cash Health Plan (for you and your children)
- Westfield surgery plan after 3 years’ service
- Westfield Rewards (receive discounts at over 600 retailers)
- Mental health platform – Open up
- Cycle to work scheme
- Training opportunities to further develop your craft
- Choose your own equipment
We’re proud to say...
- We help over two million members improve their money skills every single day.
- We’re one of Tech Track’s top 50 fastest growing UK companies.
- We were nominated for ‘Best Personal Finance App’ at the British Bank Awards 2020.
- We were voted 'Best Children's Financial Provider' at the British Bank Awards 2021.
- Our kids and parents have donated over £200,000 of their own money to NSPCC via their GoHenry accounts
- We won the Kids' Cards category of Finder's Customer Satisfaction Awards 2022
But we’re still growing, and that’s why we need you.
GoHenry is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re on a mission to foster a diverse & inclusive workplace. Individuals seeking employment at GoHenry are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Want to join our mission?
If GoHenry sounds like a place you’d like to be, please apply using the link below.