Director, Account Management
Fully Remote Position
Reporting To: SVP, Account Management
Who We Are:
K1x is the leading data distribution platform for alternative investments. Our AI-powered SaaS solution digitizes and distributes data seamlessly–connecting investors, advisors, tax software, portals, accounting firms, IRS and state taxing authorities–simplifying complex processes, accelerating filings, reducing costs, and delivering greater control, transparency, and accessibility.
What You’ll Do:
As the Director, Account Management you will be at the heart of our mission to drive growth and customer satisfaction. You will manage the end-to-end renewal process, ensuring a seamless transition for our clients, and maintain a robust renewal pipeline. Your strong communication and negotiation skills will be key in collaborating with our Sales, Client Success, Finance & Product Management teams to ensure contract terms are fulfilled and our offerings align with market needs. You will also have the opportunity to identify and drive upsell and cross-sell opportunities, contributing directly to our revenue growth. With your keen understanding of customer needs and industry trends, you will help shape our product development and strategic decisions. This role offers the chance to make a significant impact at a dynamic company, working with a dedicated team that’s pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in the FinTech industry. Join us at K1x1 and be part of our exciting journey!
· Renewal Management: Manage the end-to-end renewal process, maintain a renewal pipeline, and achieve the assigned revenue under management target.
· Client Relations: Maintain strong relationships with clients, work in partnership with Client Success team members to ensure high levels of client satisfaction and advocacy, and use customer feedback to generate ideas about new features or products.
· Upsell/Cross-Sell Opportunities: Identify and drive upsell and cross-sell opportunities within the existing client base, and collaborate with the Sales team during the identification and pursuit of these opportunities.
· Contract Negotiation: Collaborate with cross functional teams to ensure contract terms are fulfilled, negotiate and create favorable contract terms, and secure price increases
· Forecasting and Reporting: Develop and maintain accurate renewal forecasts, provide regular updates to management, and assist the Finance, Sales & Client Success functions in revising and reporting renewal opportunities.
· Risk Management: Identify at-risk renewals and collaborate with the appropriate internal teams to devise mitigation strategies.
· Data Analysis: Analyze customer usage data to identify trends, opportunities, and potential threats.
· Process Improvement: Continually improve the renewal process by incorporating feedback and leveraging data-driven insights.
· Product Collaboration: Collaborate with the Product Management team to ensure our offerings align with market needs and customer expectations, and provide feedback and insights from customers to help shape product development.
· Industry Knowledge: Maintain an understanding of industry trends and the competitive landscape to inform strategic decisions.
Who you are:
· Educational Background: A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or a related field is typically required. An MBA or other relevant postgraduate qualification can be advantageous.
· Account Management Experience: Proven experience, preferably 5-7 years, in account management or a similar role within the SaaS or FinTech industry. Proven success growing a book of business [$4m, 100+ accounts] through revenue under management expansion is a key requirement.
· Industry Knowledge: A keen understanding of industry trends and the competitive landscape to inform strategic decisions. Strong experience in the tax industry and understanding of tax regulations is preferred.
Key Skills, include, but are not limited to:
o Negotiation and selling
o Risk management
o Team collaboration
o Attention to detail
o Managing to deadlines
- Unlimited Vacation Policy + Sick Time + Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Fully Remote Opportunity
- Healthcare Benefits and 401K
- Growing Startup Culture