Senior Software Engineer Contractor - South America
LawnStarter is a marketplace that makes lawn care easy for homeowners while helping small businesses grow and succeed. We've raised over $35M in venture funding and are growing fast to revolutionize the $115 Billion lawn care industry. Are you interested in being an integral part of that growth and helping build our team?
What makes these roles awesome:
1 - Team
We believe the most significant part of any work environment is the team. Given this, we have spent a massive amount of time finding humble, hungry, and smart folks that you will get to work with every single day. That’s a huge part of the reason LawnStarter received the best places to work award in 2018, 2019 and 2020 from the Austin-American Statesman.
2 - Growth
We have a small, tight-knit team willing to give responsibility to anyone who is hungry, humble, and smart. You’ll be owning the outcome of your work and helping to shape the future of the business. If you're hungry for career growth and want to develop your skills, LawnStarter is the place to be.
3 - Startup Environment (Without the Early Stage Risk)
We are generating tens of millions of dollars in revenue per year enabling us to have a close-knit, agile, and fun environment that make startups so alluring with the added benefit of stability. We are backed by some of the leading venture and growth equity funds in the technology space.
What you'll do:
- As a Senior Software Engineer at LawnStarter, you are passionate about building quality software products.
- You’ll build reliable, observable, resilient, and scalable code that powers our suite of mobile and web applications supporting our providers, customers, and internal stakeholders.
- You’ll be in a hands-on role building rich experiences, backend services, APIs, infrastructure as code and more making sure the code you write performs as intended and users love to use. These could be single-page apps, built to scale responsively from mobile devices to desktop browsers. Or scalable APIs to our internal/external consumers. Or resilient integrations with third partners. You’II build it all!
- You’ll work closely with our Product Management, Product Design across all engineering specialties to help decide which features to build and how to build them efficiently. We want to hear your ideas, not just tell you what to do.
- You’ll release new software every day. We practice continuous integration and continuous delivery so you’ll get your first change into production in the first few days. From there you’ll be making changes that will save millions of hours to people so they can do what really matters in life.
- You’ll take pride in your work and will be excited to inspire and mentor junior developers as they ramp up their knowledge and experience alongside you
We’re looking for you if you’re an experienced full-stack web software engineer. More specifically, we’re looking for:
- Someone with a fair amount of experience working on both server- and client-side web software. You should understand how HTTP works, why Test Driven Development (TDD) is critical while writing code, what React is, what an XSS attack is, and how an MVC web framework works. That will probably mean you’ve been doing this stuff for 5+ years.
- Someone who understands fundamental computer science concepts. That doesn’t necessarily mean you have a CS degree. But you should be able to describe how a pointer works, what Big O notation is and how to use it, when to use composition and when to use inheritance and the differences between an array and a linked list and a set.
- Someone with a firm grasp of SQL and databases in general (including non-relational databases and modern cloud database solutions). You should know how to do CRUD operations, what indexes are and why they matter, and the difference between a left join and an inner join for instance.
Our tech stack includes the following:
We believe you should be empowered to own the entire life of your software, from the initial design through release and observing. And we believe you should be responsible for that software’s continued health. After all, that’s what really matters — the software needs to work correctly so users can get what they want quickly and efficiently.
All team members at LawnStater are expected to embody our core values which are: Be data-driven, Get shit done, People are critical, Challenge the status quo, Be scrappy, and Build a great environment.
Please note this is a contractor position, and you are required to have your own MacBook system for compatibility purposes, or be able to purchase one if hired.
Great Culture: One of the top places to work in Austin in 2018, 2019, and 2020, and in the US in 2021, we are all about the team. That’s why we have spent a massive amount of time finding humble, passionate, and smart folks that you will get to work with every day.
Fully remote position: Work remotely from anywhere you want.
Something looks off?