Remote · United States
Posted on Tuesday, October 3, 2023
Who we are:
Mediafly is the leading revenue enablement platform market-facing teams use to plan, predict, coach, and engage at the highest levels. Our unified suite of solutions create immersive buyer experiences; enable sellers to lead with value, allow managers to scale coaching, and empower leaders to forecast with confidence. In today’s unpredictable market, Mediafly is the key to delivering predictable efficient growth.
Read this first: Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized groups tend to only apply when they check every box. If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please apply. We'd love to have a chat to see what skills/experiences you are able to bring to this team.
Mediafly is looking for a Staff Engineer who will play a pivotal role in shaping the technical direction and success of our Conversation Intelligence platform. The Staff Engineer will have strategic influence over critical technical challenges, guide teams towards better outcomes, and drive improvements in our business-critical systems. This role is ideal for a hands-on, highly skilled engineer who thrives in a dynamic and innovative environment and is committed to delivering high-quality solutions.
Responsibilities of a Staff Engineer:
- Has strategic impact over some combination of a large team, a very deep technical problem, and/or a long time horizon
- The problems that the staff engineer is solving are open-ended
- Provides considerable high-level technical guidance across the team, and helps build better outcomes as a result. Can usually anticipate and plan for technical problems
- Is the technical owner of significant components of the code base
- Has a sustained track record of creating improvements in business-critical systems around stability, performance, scalability
- Very hands-on, and a prolific contributor to core projects and experimental work
- Builds and advises with system security and the SDLC in mind
- Strong ability to influence without requiring reporting authority
- Capable of driving groups of disparate interests to decisions, and clearly communicating and seeing those decisions through to impact
- Capable of setting short to medium term strategic direction for part of the technology stack, identifying areas of critical need based on future growth and developing roadmaps to attack those problems
- The Staff Engineer may act as the leader of technical team but is probably not acting as the people manager of fellow engineers
- Serves as a mentor for less senior developers
You will be successful in those role if you have the following:
- Proven experience as a highly skilled engineer with a track record of tackling complex technical challenges.
- Extensive experience in hands-on technical roles, demonstrating proficiency in coding and problem-solving.
- Strong understanding of system security and experience incorporating security principles into software development.
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to influence and lead teams effectively.
- A strategic thinker who can identify critical areas for improvement and develop actionable plans to address them.
- Previous mentoring or leadership experience is a plus.
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion, recognizing that diverse perspectives lead to stronger teams and better outcomes.
About our Technology:
- AWS/GCP, general understanding of infrastructure
- Experience with ML is a plus
Mediafly is an equal opportunity employer, which means we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and encourage all interested individuals to apply.
We have over 170 employees located globally. Thanks to our commitment to employee experience, Mediafly has been recognized as a Best Place to Work from Crain's, Inc. and BuiltIn.
Mediafly's HQ is based in Chicago, IL.