Senior Data Engineer
About the Role
The Kuala Lumpur office is the technology powerhouse of MoneyLion. We pride ourselves on innovative initiatives and thrive in a fast paced and challenging environment. Join our multicultural team of visionaries and industry rebels in disrupting the traditional finance industry!
At MoneyLion, we measure everything and rely on data to guide our decisions, including both long-term strategies and day-to-day operations.
As a Senior Data Engineer, your main goal is to support data scientists, analysts and software engineers by providing maintainable infrastructure and tooling they can use to deliver end-to-end solutions to business problems. You will work with terabytes to petabyte-scale data, in a complex data environment supporting multiple products and data stakeholders across US, KL and Armenia.
You will be responsible for designing and implementing an analytical environment using in-house and third-party tools, using Python and/or Java to automate data activities and enable efficient processing of data that is growing in both volume and complexity.
You will design and implement complex data pipelines and data models for analytical consumption.
You will work with Redshift, Snowflake, EMR, Kubernetes, Airflow and more as the main tools of the job. You will write scalable and performant SQL queries running over billions of rows of data, and help simplify these processing to enable insights to be more easily extractable from them.
You should have deep experience in designing and managing large datasets and pipelines to enable business use-cases. You should be an authority at designing, implementing and operating solutions that are scalable, stable and cost-efficient.
- Design, implement, operate and improve the analytics platform
- Design data solutions using various big data technologies and low latency architectures
- Collaborate with data scientists, business analysts, product managers, software engineers and other data engineers to develop, implement and validate deployed data solutions.
- Maintain the data warehouse with timely and quality data
- Build and maintain data pipelines from internal databases and SaaS applications
- Understand and implement data engineering best practices
- Improve, manage, and teach standards for code maintainability and performance in code submitted and reviewed
- Mentor and provide guidance to junior engineers on the job
- Expert at writing and optimising SQL queries
- Proficiency in Python, Java or similar languages
- Familiarity with data warehousing concepts
- Experience in Airflow or other workflow orchestrators
- Familiarity with basic principles of distributed computing
- Experience with big data technologies like Spark, Delta Lake or others
- Proven ability to innovate and leading delivery of a complex solution
- Excellent verbal and written communication - proven ability to communicate with technical teams and summarise complex analyses in business terms
- Ability to work with shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Authoritative in ETL optimisation, designing, coding, and tuning big data processes using Spark
- Knowledge of big data architecture concepts like Lambda or Kappa
- Experience with streaming workflows to process datasets at low latencies
- Experience in managing data - ensuring data quality, tracking lineages, improving data discovery and consumption
- Sound knowledge of distributed systems - able to optimise partitioning, distribution and MPP of high-level data structures
- Experience in working with large databases, efficiently moving billions of rows, and complex data modelling
- Familiarity with AWS is a big plus
- Experience in planning day to day tasks, knowing how and what to prioritise and overseeing their execution
After you submit your application, you can expect the following steps in the recruitment process:
- Interview - Talent Acquisition Team (Virtual or face-to-face)
- Sample test - To be discussed in the technical round
- Interview - Hiring Manager (Virtual or face-to-face)
What We Value
We value growth-minded and collaborative people with high learning agility who embody our core values of teamwork, customer-first and innovation. Every member of the MoneyLion Pride is passionate about fintech and ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission.
Working At MoneyLion
At MoneyLion, we want you to be well and thrive. Our generous benefits package includes:
- Competitive salary packages
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Learning and Development resources
- Flexible working hours
MoneyLion is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Within that team, no one will feel more “other” than anyone else. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.