Director of Platform Engineering
About the Role
The Kuala Lumpur office is the technology powerhouse of MoneyLion. We pride ourselves on innovative initiatives and thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment. Join our multicultural team of visionaries and industry rebels in disrupting the traditional finance industry!
Looking for a talented individual to build our Platform Engineering team at MoneyLion as a Director of Platform Engineering!
What is Platform Engineering? https://platformengineering.org/blog/what-is-platform-engineering
As the Director of Platform Engineering, you will be empowered to lead teams of platform engineers responsible for developing and maintaining our suite of shared service and platform products: identity, API product, mobile & web platform, data platform and test automation with the mission of making our software engineers self-service.
You will work closely with our development, operations, and product teams to ensure that we build the right things right! This crucial role requires someone with deep ears for customers (developers), wide exposure and experience who can identify and implement new improvements, develop best practices, and make build vs. buy decisions.
Come join our team if you're up for the challenge!
- Manage and lead teams of engineers responsible for high-quality, scalable, and reliable platform products i.e. shared services, data pipelines, test automation suite, libraries, mobile and web platforms.
- Define and implement best practices for platform engineering, including infrastructure as code, continuous integration and delivery, and automated testing.
- Work closely with development, operations, and product teams to understand their needs and ensure that our platform infrastructure meets their requirements.
- Ensure that our platform infrastructure is secure, compliant, and highly available, and that it meets the needs of our customers and business stakeholders.
- Identify and implement improvements to our platform infrastructure, including tools, processes, and systems.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors and service providers to ensure that we have access to the latest technologies and services.
- 5+ years of engineering management experience leading teams of 10+ engineers.
- Experience building and maintaining reusable tools, libraries, SDKs, shared microservices.
- Expertise in ELT/ETL, Spark, big data architecture concepts, and streaming workflows.
- Experience in managing data quality, tracking lineages, improving data discovery and consumption.
- Knowledge of distributed systems, large databases, and complex data modeling.
- Expertise with AWS, IAAC, API gateway and ability to prioritize and execute day-to-day tasks.
- Strong communication skills to get buy-in from senior leadership, convey technical details to technical leaders and manage diversified teams.
- Experienced in designing and optimizing microservices architecture, and competent in AWS platform and its various SaaS solutions.
- Skilled in optimizing SQL and NoSQL databases with terabytes of data.
- Proficient in deploying full-stack observability to distributed systems and clients.
After you submit your application, you can expect the following steps in the recruitment process:
- Interview - Talent Acquisition Team (Virtual)
- Interview - Interview by the SVP Engineering (face-to-face)
- Interview - Interview with Technical Panel (face-to-face)
- Interview - Final Interview by the Bar Raiser (face-to-face)
What We Value
We value growth-minded and collaborative people with high learning agility who embody our core values of teamwork, customer-first and innovation. Every member of the MoneyLion Pride is passionate about fintech and ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission.
Working At MoneyLion
At MoneyLion, we want you to be well and thrive. Our generous benefits package includes:
- Competitive salary packages
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Learning and Development resources
- Flexible working hours
MoneyLion is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Within that team, no one will feel more “other” than anyone else. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.
Something looks off?