Staff Engineer, R&D
About the Role
The Kuala Lumpur office is the technology powerhouse of MoneyLion. We pride ourselves on innovative initiatives and thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment. Join our multicultural team of visionaries and industry rebels in disrupting the traditional finance industry!
We are searching for a talented and motivated Staff Engineer with a knack for driving backend initiatives and cultures, overseeing and contributing to backend architectures for our cutting-edge Fintech products, and incubating potential new business ideas. Our dream candidate is someone who lives and breathes innovation, with a proven track record of building scalable and reliable backend systems, and experience leading and mentoring teams of engineers. As the go-to person for this role, you will be responsible for designing and implementing new backend systems and architectures while ensuring our products are top-notch in terms of evolution.
- Drive backend initiatives and lead the development of backend systems from evolving existing products to incubating new business ideas with proper justification on architecture goals and trade-offs.
- Design, review, implement, and maintain highly evolutionary backend architectures that support guided, incremental, and non-breaking change along multiple dimensions.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure the smooth integration of backend systems with other products within the MoneyLion ecosystem.
- Collaborate with product owners, product managers, designers, engineers, and other stakeholders to define and prioritize product features and technical requirements.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior engineers on the team.
- Continuously evaluate and improve the performance, scalability, and reliability of the backend systems.
- Be the key player in cultivating a dynamic engineering culture and instilling the architecture mindset within our team
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies in backend development and contribute to the technical growth of the team.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- A minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in product development is required, with a preference for experience gained in an R&D setting.
- Experience with designing, reviewing and implementing highly performant and evolutionary backend architectures, a strong understanding of architecture trade-off decisions.
- Strong understanding of software design approaches, such as domain-driven design (DDD) and event-driven design (EDD).
- Strong experience with modern tech stacks, such as Microservices, Messaging, containerization and container orchestration frameworks, CI/CD and so on.
- Experience with both NoSQL and SQL databases, as well as database design and optimization.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Experience leading and mentoring teams of engineers.
- Passion for staying up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies in backend development.
After you submit your application, you can expect the following steps in the recruitment process:
- Interview - Talent Acquisition Team (Virtual or face-to-face)
- Interview - Interview by the SVP Engineering (face-to-face)
- Interview - Interview with Technical Panel (face-to-face)
- Interview - Final Interview by the Bar Raiser (face-to-face)
What We Value
We value growth-minded and collaborative people with high learning agility who embody our core values of teamwork, customer-first and innovation. Every member of the MoneyLion Pride is passionate about fintech and ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission.
Working At MoneyLion
At MoneyLion, we want you to be well and thrive. Our generous benefits package includes:
- Competitive salary packages
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Learning and Development resources
- Flexible working hours
MoneyLion is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Within that team, no one will feel more “other” than anyone else. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.