Customer Advocate- Priority Resolutions
About the Role
The Priority Resolutions Department supports the Customer Service Team by investigating and responding to complex customer complaints, allowing the team to focus on inbound customer service efforts and call volume.
The Customer Advocate, Priority Resolutions will be measured on their ability to de-escalate and resolve complaints, resolving escalations from a Regulatory complaint. This role will work with various internal teams to investigate and resolve issues for the customer and is a powerful communicator who can manage difficult and complex customer and inter-departmental situations which require strong guidance and resolution.
The Customer Advocate, Priority Resolutions will also be required to acknowledge the complaint, provide follow-ups or status updates in line with SLAs, and eventually provide final resolution for the customer over the phone. The goal of this role is to prevent additional phone calls and additional complaints from the customer, by providing them with a point of contact, reassurance, and continuous communication until a resolution is reached. This position will require excellent customer service and verbal communication skills, and the ideal candidate is someone who takes pride in problem-solving and customer satisfaction.
- Resolve complex or unusual complaints that come in through multiple channels, including the MoneyLion executive team, and require a customized response.
- Take ownership of each escalation, and follow up with both the customer and internal teams until resolution.
- Work closely with regulatory agencies in ensuring all responses are compliant and resolve any agency concerns.
- Manage a day to day queue of open customer cases, ensuring timely follow up and execution with high degree of quality within stated SLAs.
- Make outbound contact to customers within 24 hours of receiving the escalation, to acknowledge the complaint and provide a single point of contact until resolution.
- Make outbound contact to consumers every 3 days to provide status updates on their complaint, or an ETA, until a resolution is reached.
- Record all complaints in our Customer Relationship Tool (CRM), with details of the complaints and resolutions, for tracking and reporting purposes, leveraging this to escalate trending issues and forward-thinking solutions.
- Resolve major product or service problems, determine the cause of the problem, select and explain the best solution to solve the problem, expedite correction or adjustment, and follow up to ensure resolution.
- Obtain and examine all relevant information to assess validity of complaints and to determine possible root-causes and resolutions in a timely and efficient manner.
- Participate in feedback meetings to provide suggestions on how to improve our products or customer experience to eliminate complaints
- Recommend potential process or service improvements to management based on key complaint themes.
- Assist with inbound Customer Service calls when needed.
- This position requires a High School diploma.
- Must have at least 4-5 years of customer-facing experience.
- Experience working for an innovative financial services company is strongly preferred.
- Experience working with regulatory agencies is strongly preferred.
- Excellent work ethic, high productivity, and acute attention to detail needed.
- Follow-up skills and a strong sense of accountability and ownership are a must.
- De-escalation and empathy skills and multiple years of experience working in customer service.
- Excellent problem-solving and technical skills with demonstrated ability to resolve customer issues
- Excellent written communication skills, with ability to draft final responses to customers which concisely describes the complaint investigation, and ability to speak at various altitudes in the organization.
- Self-starter, who needs little day to day oversight and can function in a remote environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, individually as well as a part of the bigger team, within a fast paced environment.
- Proven ability to solve for the most complex and escalated customer inquiries where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors
- Ability to exercise individual judgment to determine appropriate action, to drive the right outcomes for customers.
- Ability to work within multiple departments and key stakeholders.
- Cross-functional experience in Customer Service, Financial Services, Risk is also a plus.
What We Value
We value growth-minded and collaborative people with high learning agility who embody our core values of teamwork, customer-first and innovation. Every member of the MoneyLion Pride is passionate about fintech and ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission.
Working At MoneyLion
At MoneyLion, we want you to be well and thrive. Our generous benefits package includes:
- Competitive salary packages
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Learning and Development resources
- Flexible working hours
MoneyLion is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Within that team, no one will feel more “other” than anyone else. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.