Manager, Customer Advocacy- Priority Resolutions
About the Role
The Manager, Customer Advocacy — Priority Resolutions, will strive to raise the bar on service experience for our customers and execute against the escalation/complaint customer service roadmap. Reporting directly to the Director of Customer Operations, this is a critical role responsible for leading a team of Customer Advocates and Senior Customer Advocates tasked with resolving complex customer issues raised through regulatory agencies or executive team members.
With your leadership skills, you'll be able to reduce complaints over time and identify ways to improve customer satisfaction. As you and your team dig into our customers' questions and issues, you will also think big about connecting the dots between product friction points, customer care, and brand building. This requires creative and organizational chops, coupled with strategic thinking, operational excellence, deep customer obsession, and a belief that anything is possible.
You are a proactive, dedicated, and results-oriented leader who is passionate about customer service. You have a proven track record of success in resolving complex customer issues, and you are eager to partner with a wide range of talented people across Customer Service, Operations, and Product teams. You are also a skilled communicator with a strong understanding of customer escalations and how to use them to improve the customer experience. By applying your skills and experience, you will make the most of every opportunity and achieve broader business goals.
- Lead and develop a team of Customer Advocates as they support MoneyLion customers across various regulatory agencies and internal channels (e.g. escalations from Customer Care, feedback from NPS surveys, customer complaint forms, and other internal channels).
- Oversee the management, mitigation, and resolution of customer concerns and questions in a way that will surprise and delight our customers.
- Work closely with MoneyLion legal and compliance team to ensure all regulatory complaints are resolved and meet legal and regulatory compliance.
- Own reporting to leadership and cross-functional stakeholders; including creating and implementing a customer service strategy to define and measure success, and the reporting cadence needed (weekly, monthly, quarterly, real-time) to support our complaint resolution strategy. Share key complaint customer support read-outs, present volume, insights, observations, success metrics, and opportunities for improvement. Define goals and performance metrics.
- Develop and document Standard Operating Procedures for continuous improvement initiatives based on complaint customer support metrics and data analysis.
- Exercise high degree of professional judgment, senior stakeholder communication skills and act with a sense of urgency in mitigating customer concerns. Collaborate with management to develop new best practices and brainstorm ideas for creating surprise and delight moments for our customers.
- Analyze team and customer data and prepare reports for upper management. Evaluate team effectiveness and performance on a regular basis, analyze and report on service and product issues, flag identified trends and patterns of complaints, and highlight useful discussions with customers that may help improve our products, services, and customer support.
- Gather customer feedback and share with our Product, Service, and Marketing teams. Share feature requests and effective workarounds with various team members throughout the firm.
- Lead team meetings and give presentations to executives.
- Prepare work schedules to ensure sufficient coverage.
- Create a positive team environment that contributes to the company’s goals of win together, innovation, and customers first.
- Bachelor's degree in business or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in a management role, with at least 3+ years of experience in escalations/complaints response leadership.
- 3+ years of experience responding to regulatory complaints, including working with regulators, compliance, and legal teams to resolve customer complaints.
- Proven ability to build relationships with regulatory agencies and departments.
- Expertise in creating processes and workflows for communication with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly articulate the value of customer experience initiatives to stakeholders using data and analytics to support the business case.
- Strong customer-first mindset with a proven track record of resolving customer issues quickly and effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to engage with customers in a supportive, authentic, and on-brand voice.
- Maturity and self-awareness to work with sensitive content and topics.
- Excellent work ethic, high productivity, and acute attention to detail.
- Strong follow-up skills and a sense of accountability and ownership.
- Experience working with executives to design and implement customer experience frameworks.
- Ability to present to executive teams and communicate complex customer experience concepts in a clear and concise way.
- Experience working for an innovative financial services company is strongly preferred
What We Value
We value growth-minded and collaborative people with high learning agility who embody our core values of teamwork, customer-first and innovation. Every member of the MoneyLion Pride is passionate about fintech and ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission.
Working At MoneyLion
At MoneyLion, we want you to be well and thrive. Our generous benefits package includes:
- Competitive salary packages
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Learning and Development resources
- Flexible working hours
MoneyLion is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Within that team, no one will feel more “other” than anyone else. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.