About the Role
MoneyLion is seeking a Copywriter who is passionate about creating top-quality finance content that educates, engages, and inspires a consumer audience. This role is responsible for writing a high volume of product and brand marketing copy that drives people to choose MoneyLion for all their financial needs.
To begin, the area of focus will be on ‘Products & Offers,' a financial hub that matches our users with third-party offers from our network of financial partners. Over time, it could expand to all our MoneyLion products—such as banking, borrowing, credit-building, and investing products.
The successful candidate will develop and deliver on various product and brand projects, including marketing campaigns and product launches. They’ll collaborate with marketing, product, customer operations, and compliance, as well as third-party agencies, to further MoneyLion’s mission to give everyone the power to make their best financial decisions.
If you have a passion for storytelling, a flair for persuasive writing, and a keen eye for detail, we want to hear from you.
This role can be remote but we also welcome local candidates to participate in a hybrid work schedule out of our New York City office.
- Write short and long-form marketing copy for blog posts, website, emails, text, push, social, and in-app to drive customer loyalty and retention
- Ensure that all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone of voice, and optimized for user experience
- Review and edit content for accuracy, grammar, punctuation, and style to ensure a consistent and polished voice across all channels.
- Work closely with legal, compliance, design, product, agencies, and others to produce best-in-class content
- Proofread, peer-review, and edit content from other copywriters on the team
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines while maintaining high-quality work.
- A minimum of 1+ year of marketing writing experience, with terrific editing skills with an exceptional attention to detail.
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail and the ability to balance multiple priorities and tasks, sometimes under tight deadlines
- A passion for personal finance and fintech.
- A minimum of 2+ years of writing experience, ideally for a consumer audience in financial services, fintech, or technology
- Ideally based in NYC, but open to remote candidates.
- Prior experience working with compliance and/or legal departments.
- Experience in working with multiple stakeholders, tools, and strict legal requirements
- Keeping up to date on the various marketing channels, trends, and best practices.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices is a plus.
The annual base salary for the Copywriter role is expected to be up to $60,000. Base salary is one component of MoneyLion's total compensation package, which includes, 401(k) match, multiple health insurance options, disability coverage, life insurance, and unlimited paid time off for salaried positions. Actual salaries will vary based on a candidate’s qualifications, experience, skills, and competencies related to the role.
What We Value
We value growth-minded and collaborative people with high learning agility who embody our core values of teamwork, customer-first and innovation. Every member of the MoneyLion Pride is passionate about fintech and ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission.
Working At MoneyLion
At MoneyLion, we want you to be well and thrive. Our generous benefits package includes:
- Competitive salary packages
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Learning and Development resources
- Flexible working hours
MoneyLion is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Within that team, no one will feel more “other” than anyone else. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.