Data Scientist, Intern
About The Role
The Kuala Lumpur office is the technology powerhouse of MoneyLion. We pride ourselves on innovative initiatives and thrive in a fast paced and challenging environment.
We are looking for a data science intern to join our multicultural team of visionaries and industry rebels in disrupting the traditional finance industry!
- Perform analyses to understand how our users interact with our products and how to improve our products.
- Discover new insights and understanding of business performance based on data
- Develop dashboards to track relevant metrics.
- Assist with regular maintenance/BAU operations within the data science team.
- Assist with prototyping and exploring new machine learning initiatives in MoneyLion.
- Communicate findings to stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
- Currently pursuing a technical degree in a quantitative field, such as computer science, mathematics, or actuarial science.
- Proficient in either R, Python, Matlab or other analytics/data mining packages.
- Experience in machine learning, predictive analytics and statistical modelling, in academic and/or industry settings.
- Fast learner with an ability to problem-solve independently.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with high attention to detail.
- Available for at least 4 months of internship.
After you submit your application, you can expect the following steps in the recruitment process:
- Online Technical Test
- Interview - Talent Acquisition Team (Virtual or face-to-face)
- Take-Home Assessment
- Interview & Discussion of Take-Home Assessment - Hiring Manager (Virtual or face-to-face)
*If you’ve already sent in your application for this position and were not selected, please re-apply after 6 months.*
What We Value
We value growth-minded and collaborative people with high learning agility who embody our core values of teamwork, customer-first and innovation. Every member of the MoneyLion Pride is passionate about fintech and ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission.
Working At MoneyLion
At MoneyLion, we want you to be well and thrive. Our generous benefits package includes:
- Competitive salary packages
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Learning and Development resources
- Flexible working hours
MoneyLion is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Within that team, no one will feel more “other” than anyone else. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.