Senior Data Scientist
MoneyLion is a leader in financial technology powering the next generation of personalized products and content, with a top consumer finance super app, a premier embedded finance platform for enterprise businesses and a world-class media arm. MoneyLion’s mission is to give everyone the power to make their best financial decisions. We pride ourselves on serving the many, not the few; providing confidence through guidance, choice, and personalization; and shortening the distance to an informed action.
In our go-to money app for consumers, we deliver curated content on finance and related topics, through a tailored feed that engages people to learn and share. People take control of their finances with our innovative financial products and marketplace - including our full-fledged suite of features to save, borrow, spend, and invest - seamlessly bringing together the best offers and content from MoneyLion and our 1,100+ Enterprise Partner network, together in one experience. MoneyLion’s enterprise technology provides the definitive search engine and marketplace for financial products, enabling any company to add embedded finance to their business, with advanced AI-backed data and tools through our platform and API. Established in 2013, MoneyLion connects millions of people with the financial products and content they need, when and where they need it.
About the Role
The Kuala Lumpur office is the technology powerhouse of MoneyLion. We pride ourselves on innovative initiatives and thrive in a fast paced and challenging environment. Join our multicultural team of visionaries and industry rebels in disrupting the traditional finance industry!
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to contribute and lead others in the development of data solutions that will enable us to assist critical day to day business decisions.
As a Data Scientist in the Decision Science role, you will have the opportunity to apply analytics, experimentation and machine learning algorithms to support and enhance MoneyLion’s products with data driven decisions. You will be embedded within the product teams and deliver tangible business value by deploying or refining solutions ranging from fraud and credit underwriting to user experience optimisations, providing convincing evidence of their effectiveness. This entails designing, developing, validating, deploying and monitoring the outcome of experiments using (and refining) business objectives that will ultimately increase revenue and reduce business costs. You will partner with Product, Data Engineers and Machine Learning teams, exploring and utilizing the frontier of innovation, in order to augment analytics with AI, rapidly iterate with configurable experiments, monitor and evaluate key developments, and understand business needs intimately to help develop valuable AI solutions.
- Perform analyses to understand how our users interact with our products and how to improve our products
- Communicate findings to stakeholders in a clear and concise manner
- Automate Identification of anomalies and investigate the root causes of anomalies
- Lead, design and build experiments to solve challenging data and business problems
- Identify trends and opportunities from the data to define product roadmaps
- Craft business metrics, define and achieve objective targets and recommend ways to measure success
- Work with engineers to improve the data collection process
- Collaborate with product stakeholders to champion and lead data-driven decision making within the organization
- Apply, develop or refine algorithms to deliver business value
- Research, adopt and implement novel and cutting-edge techniques from literature to improve the performance of existing solutions
- Mentor, coach, and manage team members towards excellence in deliverables
- 3-5 years of working experience minimum recommended
- Experience with mentoring, training, hiring, onboarding, managing or leading a team will be advantageous
- Have strong product sense and enthusiastic to deliver business value
- Strong mathematical, statistical or actuarial background
- Must have hands on experience in machine learning, predictive analytics and statistical modeling
- Deep knowledge of probability, statistics, distributions, and analysis methods
- Demonstrably experienced at problem solving using both textbook methods and novel viewpoints
- Highly proficient in programming languages such as Python and SQL
- An understanding of data structures, data modeling, software architecture and machine learning algorithms will be an advantage
- Demonstrably experienced with data visualization
- Demonstrably excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly independent and self driven to deliver results
After you submit your application, you can expect the following steps in the recruitment process:
- Online Technical Test
- Interview - Talent Acquisition Team (Virtual or face-to-face)
- Take-Home Assessment
- Interview & Discussion of Take-Home Assessment - Hiring Manager (Virtual or face-to-face)
*If you’ve already sent in your application for this position and were not selected, please re-apply after 6 months.*
What We Value
We value growth-minded and collaborative people with high learning agility who embody our core values of teamwork, customer-first and innovation. Every member of the MoneyLion Pride is passionate about fintech and ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission.
Working At MoneyLion
At MoneyLion, we want you to be well and thrive. Our generous benefits package includes:
- Competitive salary packages
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Learning and Development resources
- Flexible working hours
MoneyLion is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Within that team, no one will feel more “other” than anyone else. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.