Machine Learning Scientist
MoneyLion is a leader in financial technology powering the next generation of personalized products and content, with a top consumer finance super app, a premier embedded finance platform for enterprise businesses and a world-class media arm. MoneyLion’s mission is to give everyone the power to make their best financial decisions. We pride ourselves on serving the many, not the few; providing confidence through guidance, choice, and personalization; and shortening the distance to an informed action.
In our go-to money app for consumers, we deliver curated content on finance and related topics, through a tailored feed that engages people to learn and share. People take control of their finances with our innovative financial products and marketplace - including our full-fledged suite of features to save, borrow, spend, and invest - seamlessly bringing together the best offers and content from MoneyLion and our 1,100+ Enterprise Partner network, together in one experience. MoneyLion’s enterprise technology provides the definitive search engine and marketplace for financial products, enabling any company to add embedded finance to their business, with advanced AI-backed data and tools through our platform and API. Established in 2013, MoneyLion connects millions of people with the financial products and content they need, when and where they need it.
About the Role
The Kuala Lumpur office is the technology powerhouse of MoneyLion. We pride ourselves on innovative initiatives and thrive in a fast paced and challenging environment. Join our multicultural team of visionaries and industry rebels in disrupting the traditional finance industry!
We are looking for a Machine Learning Scientist to help shape the future of our organization’s technological advancements and push the boundaries of what is possible with machine learning in our industry. This position is designed for a passionate individual with a deep interest in machine learning, AI and data driven solutions.
As a Machine Learning Scientist in MoneyLion, you will be at the forefront of driving innovation and efficiency across the organization. In this role, you will act as the bridge to close the gap between complex machine learning technologies and practical business applications. You will be pivotal in identifying, developing and implementing machine learning strategies, translating them into tangible solutions that have a direct impact on our business operations and strategic goals. You will be expected to keep up with the latest developments in AI and machine learning, ensuring that the business stays ahead of the curve in leveraging these technologies.
- Conduct advanced research into novel models, algorithms and techniques that will directly be applied to solve real-world problems faced by our organization
- Develop and experiment with innovative machine learning models and algorithms to solve complex problems
- Use data driven methods to turn vast amounts of data into actionable insights and operational machine learning models and tools
- Communicate complex ideas effectively and translate technical solutions into business strategies
- Monitor and optimize existing algorithms for improved performance and efficiency
- Evaluate the effectiveness of machine learning models offline and online with well-defined metrics
- Work closely with cross-functional teams including Data Engineers, Product Managers, Software Engineers, Data Scientists, Machine Learning Engineers and MLOps Engineers to integrate machine learning technology into products and services
- Stay at the forefront of technological advancements in machine learning and AI
- Document methodologies and results as well as prepare reports and presentations to communicate findings to stakeholders
- Strong mathematical, statistical or related quantitative skills
- Demonstrated experience in machine learning, statistical modeling, data analysis and algorithm development
- Demonstrated ability to adapt new technologies and learn quickly
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, along with creativity and curiosity
- Proficient in programming languages such as Python and SQL
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks and libraries like Tensorflow, PyTorch, Scikit-learn, XGBoost and LightGBM
- Advanced knowledge in specialized areas such as deep learning, natural language processing, search and recommendation systems
- Excellent communication and collaboration abilities, capable of explaining complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Preferably familiar with big data technologies like AWS, MLFLow, DVC, Metaflow
- Preferably familiar with developing and deploying machine learning models in production
- Commitment to continuous learning and staying informed about the latest industry trends
After you submit your application, you can expect the following steps in the recruitment process:
- Online Technical Test
- Interview - Talent Acquisition Team (Virtual or face-to-face)
- Take-Home Assessment
- Interview & Discussion of Take-Home Assessment - Hiring Manager (Virtual or face-to-face)
*If you’ve already sent in your application for this position and were not selected, please re-apply after 6 months.*
What We Value
We value growth-minded and collaborative people with high learning agility who embody our core values of teamwork, customer-first and innovation. Every member of the MoneyLion Pride is passionate about fintech and ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission.
Working At MoneyLion
At MoneyLion, we want you to be well and thrive. Our generous benefits package includes:
- Competitive salary packages
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Learning and Development resources
- Flexible working hours
MoneyLion is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Within that team, no one will feel more “other” than anyone else. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.