Revenue Accounting Manager
Accounting Manager - Revenue
PurpleLab™ is a Healthtech company with a mission to spur value-driven innovation in healthcare to improve outcomes for patients. HealthNexus™, the company’s no-code analytics platform empowers life sciences, payers, providers, and other stakeholders with real-world evidence to solve conventional and emerging challenges faster and more cost effectively.
Position Purpose: This role will report into the VP of Finance
- Key role in revenue accounting and finance department.
- Revenue recognition in accordance with ASC 606, and the accuracy and completeness of billing operations; including preparing and reviewing: invoicing, journal entries, deferred revenue, amortization, account reconciliations, invoicing, AR and collections, commission accounting and reporting, disclosure schedules for financial statements, and variance analysis.
- Manage entire accounting and finance for all revenue related functions.
- Must be familiar with commission and bonus pay structure.
- Manage day-to-day revenue accounting activities, monthly closing, account recs, and forecasting updates for revenue related accounts and functions.
- Maintain compliance, procedures and satisfy audit requirements.
- Provide guidance into the PurpleLab revenue systems and revenue recognition policies.
- Collaborate with external teams. (Sales, Operations, Legal, and C-Suite)
- Prepare revenue-related financial analyses.
- Familiarity with financial reporting systems. Experience with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Experience with QuickBooks, and other accounting/financial tools.
- 3-7 years with revenue recognition related to SaaS products and SaaS Subscriptions.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/Accounting.
- Eagerness to learn and willingness to take on new challenges.
- Track record of challenging the status quo and leveraging technology to build scalable processes, gain efficiencies, streamline accounting operations and improve outcomes.
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment while maintaining accuracy.
- Shown ability to work effectively in a team environment and have strong rapport with the management team and colleagues.
- Strong attention to detail, exceptional written and oral communication skills
The ideal candidate will be curious, sharp and ready to dive in headfirst.
- PurpleLab values: Smart, Loyal, Dependable, Agile, and responsive