Director, Capture and Proposal
What You’ll Do:
As a Director, Capture and Proposal you will provide hands-on capture management and strategic support to identify, and bid for, opportunities to expand Slingshot’s business with government agencies. You will manage sales opportunity strategy, schedule, and delivery, clearly communicate and deliver on customer expectations and deadlines, and closely coordinate and steer cross functional teams.
You will be accountable for guiding and executing opportunities through strategy, capture, proposal writing, winning, and transition to contract execution.
You will work with a diverse, high-performing team spanning business development, product management, program management, finance experts, software engineers, scientists, and policy experts to bring the best solutions to the market. You will manage expectations of stakeholders and keep the Business Leadership Team informed and engaged, including timely escalation of issues needing resolution. You will deliver proposals to government entities.
- Execute all position responsibilities in alignment with Slingshot’s core values, mission, and purpose
- Regularly communicate clear roles, goals and expectations for team members across disciplines and teams; promote a culture of feedback and accountability and high performance
- Foster a culture of personal and professional growth that encourages learning agility and development
- Builds and execute a capture strategy to grow revenue across our portfolio of data-platform-products and technology-enabled services
- Develops, manages, and reports on pipeline opportunities to meet or exceed revenue targets
- Identify, enter, and grow Slingshot’s footprint in new markets to increase revenue, market share, and adoption globally
- Leverage our leadership and management competencies to develop, lead and inspire a diverse, high-performing team cross-functionally
- Effectively manage the team’s pipeline to forecast accurately and hit new revenue and retention goals
- Utilizes internal and competitive data to benchmark sales performance and determine strategic implications to help Slingshot better prepare, plan, and deliver
- Proactively lead, collaborate with, influence, and support internal stakeholders to identify and capitalize on opportunities and solve problems
- Attend public events and conferences, including interacting with customers at our Slingshot booth and public speaking/panel membership to raise Slingshot awareness in the market and expand/grow Commercial and Government relationships
- Perform other duties as assigned (to be less than 10% of the responsibilities listed above)
- 7+ years of space industry sales leadership experience with a proven track record and demonstrated success in submitting proposals to the United States government for software products and/or tech-enabled services.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline.
- Track record of success in leading and winning Department of Defense contracts.
- Experience leading opportunity captures, including: developing overall win strategy; developing schedules and ensuring accountability across teams; shaping deals with customers; understanding pricing and assisting in developing winning pricing strategies.
- Excellent writing, presentation, and communication skills with experience presenting to senior executives and customers.
- Demonstrable understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models and channels to market.
- A strong bias for action and a track record of innovative deal bidding and shaping.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- 15% Travel Required
- APMP Certification or equivalent capture certification
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex issues clearly
- Experience with core sales tools: Hubspot/Salesforce, LinkedIn, Google Apps, Microsoft Office Suite
These skills are guidelines. You don’t have to meet every qualification listed - if your skills are transferable and you meet the minimum requirements, we encourage you to apply.
On Target Earnings (OTE) of $180,000-$225,000
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion are key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for creating a safer, more connected world. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and we embrace individuality.
Something looks off?