Solutions by Text
The Solutions Consultant is a self-motivated enterprise-class executive. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with strengths in technology, networking, planning, business case creation, as well as presentation and closing techniques.
The Solution Consultant is responsible for determining the overall strategic, operational, and technical scope of new business opportunities with customers and prospects. The primary role is to support sales efforts with extensive product knowledge, answering questions, and demonstrating product capabilities as needed.
The Solution Consultant plays a key role in driving sales opportunities by understanding and addressing the customer’s key challenges and leveraging the company's solutions
and technology. This role ensures that our customers and prospects maximize their long-term relationship with the company.
The Solution Consultant leads the technical and sales support to sales representatives and account teams; Is involved in the qualification of prospects, ensuring a good fit of solutions to the business problem of the potential customer. This role is heavily involved in customer/prospect contacts in pre-sales, post-sales, and add-on phases. The Solution Consultant will have a strong knowledge of the SMS/text and payments industry, mobile wallets, and alternative payment solutions, and will be required to learn the internal processes at the company needed to fluidly move through a sales engagement process.
This role is a critical part of the sales engagement, working with the sales teams. As part of the role, they will also work with Product Management, Segment/Department Managers, Product Development and Implementation teams, and various third-party Software partners to drive the right proposal of solutions. A primary responsibility of the job is to position the company’s solutions and its services such that we win on all aspects of the sales opportunity including the values of the solution, and the quality of our technical and customer services.
The Solution Consultant role requires in-depth industry business insight, an understanding of the strategic and long-term approach SMS/text customers should execute when using our solutions, a strong grasp of how our solutions can add real value for our customers, and an ability to work directly with both existing and new customers of all sizes and complexities.
The Solution Consultant is also a source of market data for Product Management. They proactively provide information on relevant current events in their region as well as feedback on product solutions received from their customer base. This role assists Product Management in defining roadmap enhancements and determining the key value propositions for the targeted market segments.
If you have a passion for helping clients, to be a player in a fast-growing, innovative company, and are ready to help us transform the world of electronic payments, this role is for you. This position is based in Dallas and the ideal candidate is both telecoms and payments-focused and tech-savvy.
- Fully understanding the customer’s functional and technical requirements and is involved in the specification of these
- Analyze client’s business needs, integrate client’s business strategies, and recommend appropriate SMS & payment technology solutions utilizing companies’ methodologies. Conducts analysis of corporate objectives, business functions, and processes.
- Provides linkage and continuity from Sales to Services – through a complete understanding of the proposed solution, including the creation of appropriate documentation ( Solution Scope Documentation- SSD)
- Gathering information from the prospect to understand the business & technical functional requirements. Conducting a thorough needs analysis to define functional requirements, and business issues and improve Time to Revenue (TTR)
- Answer all the deep technical questions that a Sales Executive and New Business Developers (NBD) can’t.
- Provide live (Zoom & In-person) & recorded (blogs/Social) product demonstrations.
- Use the product to craft solutions to complex customer problems.
- Serve as the technical lead for prospects during their pre-sales engagement
- Contributes to the preparation of sales materials, proposals, product recommendations, RFx responses, etc.
- Develop subject matter expertise in specific solutions/verticals (SMS/Text, payments services & gateways, mobile wallets, alternative payment methods, and CaaS providers and competition, etc.) Proactively providing information on relevant current events as well as feedback on product developments within the SMS/Text and Payment industries.
- Work together cross-functionally with Sales, Account Managers, Product, and Implementations teams to grow the pipeline and get clients live. Work directly together with internal and external payment and telecom carrier experts.
- To pro-actively offer advice to the Sales lead and the rest of the Sales Team based on their experience and knowledge of the customer and the solution.
- Understand and adhere to all corporate policies including but not limited to the Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
Competencies and Experience
- 2+ years of experience integrating with web APIs. (Preferred experience with cloud-based solutions such as Loan Management Systems, Loan Origination Systems, and CRM systems)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. (Preferred degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Management, Business, or Finance.)
- Proven ability to quickly learn new technologies and understand complex systems (APIs, databases, SDKs, Basecamp, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills; comfortable leading meetings with C-level contacts.
- Ability to identify and clearly communicate pragmatic solutions to complex integration problems.
- Continuous desire to improve technical acumen.
- Payments and SMS/ Text experience preferred.
- You have full professional proficiency (written and verbal) in English.
- This is a full-time position with the ability to work a minimum of 40 hours/week.
- Polished appearance
- Strong articulation and presentation skills
- Good technical writing skills
- Ability to multi-task multiple opportunities simultaneously and under the pressure of deadlines
- Knowledge of the following: cloud, and hybrid services (LMS, LOS, CRM, ERP)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent persuasive presentation skills. The solution consultant must be able to speak with authority.
- Very strong active listening skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to listen, analyze, discuss, and promote solutions with customers and respond to their needs.
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently with little supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and meet demanding deadlines
- Must be creative and innovative in thought, bringing new ideas on how to be successful in changing markets
- Works effectively in a team environment
- Good proficiency with MS Office products, in particular Word and PowerPoint.
- Standard office environment
- Domestic travel required up to 50%
- Medical insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
About Solutions by Text
Solutions by Text (SBT) was founded in 2008 with the mission to deliver impactful conversational messaging and convenient payment partner solutions that are rich, real-time and compliant. Built on SMS industry best practices, the company is the only compliance-first provider of enterprise texting solutions in the market. More than 1400 consumer finance organizations, including leading brands in auto finance, banking and lending, trust SBT to ensure convenient, effective and compliant relationships with their millions of consumers. SBT is headquartered in Dallas, TX with remote teams and offices around the US and in Bangalore, India. For more information, visit ttps://solutionsbytext.com/.
Solutions By Text is committed to promoting the values of diversity and inclusion throughout the business. Whether it is through recruitment, retention, career progression or training and development, we are committed to improving opportunities for people regardless of their background or circumstances.
Something looks off?