Principal Electrical Engineer - Hybrid
Cambridge, MA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 10, 2023
Superpedestrian is engineering the future of micromobility. The Superpedestrian team is composed of some of the most talented operations specialists, policy managers, designers and engineers, all focused on transforming the future urban mobility. Our scooters, called LINK, were designed to prioritize safety from the inside out, and our Superpedestrian team is dedicated to building meaningful local and city partnerships across the world. Join us!
Superpedestrian is looking for a Principal Electrical Engineer to lead the design, prototype manufacturing, and test of electrical hardware. The work will require highly integrated and innovative design with the likelihood of generating IP along the way. You should have a solid knowledge of the iterative product development cycle with demonstrable experience leading the development of embedded hardware. Our ideal candidate is a passionate technical leader who brings the expertise and confidence of a veteran electrical engineer as well as enthusiasm to create and inspire others.
What you’ll do:
- Lead critical design and development activities for electrical and electronic hardware products.
- Assist with and contribute to conceptual design and product requirements for novel transportation platforms.
- Provide group-wide technical guidance for electrical design from concept work to full-scale manufacturing.
- Identify and supervise appropriate test methods for both prototype and production-level hardware.
- Engage in intra-company collaboration between electrical, firmware, mechanical, product, manufacturing, and operations.
- Supervise and coach engineers of all experience levels with an eye toward their continued development and the overall performance of the electrical engineering team.
What we're looking for:
- 7+ years of relevant experience with a minimum BS in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience supervising teams and working as an individual contributor.
- 4+ years experience developing embedded hardware incorporating ARM processors, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Cellular, or similar devices including production release and scaling.
- Comfortable in start-up operation environment, applying rigor and resourcefulness to meet short and long-term goals, with a collaborative spirit.
- Demonstrated success bringing a product or assembly through its entire lifecycle from initial concept to production manufacturing to sustaining support and engineering.
- Interest and ability to mentor and develop an electrical engineering team.
- Proficiency in circuit design and layout (Altium experience highly valued).
- Proficiency in design of wiring, cabling, shielding, noise management, transient suppression, electrical packaging, heat sinking, and analog circuit design.
- Extensive experience designing microcontroller systems with multiple communication protocols (CAN, I2C, SPI, serial, etc.).
- Experience processing and analyzing data emitted from embedded systems through modern data analysis techniques.
- Experience bringing products through EMC and electrical safety certification processes.
- Experience with circuit simulation tools such as LTspice.
- Strong capability with standard electrical diagnostic tools (e.g. oscilloscope, logic analyzer, spectrum analyzer, signal generator) and demonstrated capability in circuit bread-boarding and PCBA bring-up and debug
- Automotive systems and electronics experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of C or C++ programming languages in an embedded environment.
- Experience with hands-on projects and familiarity with workshop tools.
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and leadership skills.
- Competitive benefits with company subsidized medical, dental, vision & disability insurance and a 401k plan.
- Generous time off policy.
- On the job training with a leadership team that is committed to growth and development of all employees.A team of awesome, like-minded, driven people that support each other, and mentors from across the top echelons of industry.
- The chance to have your voice heard and help shape Superpedestrian’s future.
- Equity in a fast growing company.
- A commitment to an actively anti-racist environment.
Superpedestrian actively encourages applicants of all backgrounds. If you think you meet most of the requirements, but not every single point on the job description, please apply! We’d love to have a chat and see if you'd be a great addition to our team.
See more open positions at Superpedestrian
Something looks off?