Seasonal Warehouse Associate
The Pro's Closet
As the world’s largest retailer of pre-owned bicycles, we’re passionate about helping cyclists find their next great ride—and making sure high quality bikes keep rolling. We believe that every bike has a next owner, and that we all benefit when we keep more bikes on roads and trails. Some call it “recommerce.” Some call it “the circular economy.” We call it common sense. We created our innovative Certified Pre-Owned bike process, where our expert mechanics meticulously inspect every part on every bike to ensure that high-quality bikes stay in motion longer. We obsessively curate our ever-evolving new and pre-owned inventory, including frames, components and wheels. We track the market and technical trends, and only take the bikes that meet our exacting standards. Our process evolves with the cyclist, from Certified Pre-Owned bikes, to risk-free 30-day returns, to our Guaranteed Buyback program. TPC. We’re changing the way cyclists buy bikes.
WHAT SETS TPC APART:
We are committed to building a great company and we believe this starts with great people and a great company culture. Each individual has a key role to play in TPC’s success, but we all work as one team dedicated to constant improvement and efficiency. We welcome making mistakes and learning from them.
Our structure allows you to take responsibility and shape the company for the better and be recognized for it. From top to bottom, we adhere to core beliefs in transparency and openness. We love to work hard, but always leave time to ride bikes.
This is a seasonal position, with a 4-day work week, 10 hours per day: Sunday-Wednesday or Wednesday-Saturday, 8am-6:30pm. The seasonal role is expected to end early January.
ABOUT THE JOB:
We are looking for a Seasonal Warehouse Associate to join our Fulfillment department. You will be responsible for putaway, picking, and packaging bikes, components, and accessories for shipment. You will help play a key role in connecting our inventory with our customers. To be successful in this role you must remain flexible and have a willingness to help our dynamic team environment in any way possible.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Daily participation in a proactive team environment that involves a “continuous improvement” approach to everything we do
- Verifying order details, applying protective packaging, and identifying the best box/bag/package for a variety of orders. Accuracy, efficiency, and presentation are the cornerstones of the packing process
- Processing orders and printing shipping labels using shipping software to identify the correct shipping service for each order
- Picking orders and ensuring all customers items are packaged correctly
- Performing inventory cycle counts with accuracy, attention to detail, and consistency
- Carefully packaging bikes, frames, and wheels in preparation for shipment
- Maintaining a clean, organized, and safe work environment with the guidance of the Manager. This includes stocking boxes and shipping supplies, cleaning and organizing shipping and bicycle tools and cleaning/sweeping the work area
- Demonstrating proficiency with our computer systems and software
- Prior warehouse or pick/pack/shipping experience preferred
- Experience with bicycles is a plus
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Possess strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail
- You maintain a positive and professional attitude and a consistent work ethic, must be self-motivated and work well alone as well as on a team in a shop/warehouse and office atmosphere
- Must be comfortable in a fast paced, changing environment
- Must be physically capable of bending, squatting, repetitive hand and wrist movements, including twisting and lifting 50 lbs. Also must have stamina to stand 8 hrs./day.
- Material handling equipment experience is a plus but not required
- Enthusiastic about the outdoor/cycling industry, the people it attracts, and all the gear!
THE PERKS OF WORKING AT TPC:
- Salary Range:$19.50 -$21/hr, depending on experience
- 401k with generous company matching
- 6 paid holidays and sick leave
- A fun, relaxed, and flexible work environment
- Weekly all-hands company meeting keeps you engaged and connected to the business and your team members
- A culture of transparency with regular updates on company performance
- Group rides and amazing industry discounts
The Pro’s Closet is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and is committed to creating and celebrating a diverse work environment. We hire solely on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need, without regard to race, sex, gender expression, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.