Ride Guide - Virtual Customer Experience Representative
The Pro's Closet
As the world’s largest retailer of pre-owned bicycles, we’re passionate about helping cyclists find their next great ride—and making sure high quality bikes keep rolling. We believe that every bike has a next owner, and that we all benefit when we keep more bikes on roads and trails. Some call it “recommerce.” Some call it “the circular economy.” We call it common sense. We created our innovative Certified Pre-Owned bike process, where our expert mechanics meticulously inspect every part on every bike to ensure that high-quality bikes stay in motion longer. We obsessively curate our ever-evolving new and pre-owned inventory, including frames, components and wheels. We track the market and technical trends, and only take the bikes that meet our exacting standards. Our process evolves with the cyclist, from Certified Pre-Owned bikes, to risk-free 30-day returns, to our Guaranteed Buyback program. TPC. We’re changing the way cyclists buy bikes.
WHAT SETS TPC APART:
We are committed to building a great company and we believe this starts with great people and a great company culture. Each individual has a key role to play in TPC’s success, but we all work as one team dedicated to constant improvement and efficiency. We welcome making mistakes and learning from them.
Our structure allows you to take responsibility and shape the company for the better and be recognized for it. From top to bottom, we adhere to core beliefs in transparency and openness. We love to work hard, but always leave time to ride bikes.
ABOUT THE JOB:
As a virtual Ride Guide for TPC, you will bring personal and engaging customer service to our customers reaching out to our corporate contact center. You will work closely with customers and other TPC departments to create an exceptional customer experience, maintaining a positive and helpful attitude. As part of a small, dynamic team, your flexibility and willingness to help, will play a key part in TPC’s mission to disrupt the bike industry. You will be part of a proactive team environment that involves a “continuous improvement” approach in everything we do.
This is an exciting opportunity to apply your technical experience across the highest quality of bikes spanning all years, makes, and models. You are a people person, and are able to uncover all the customer’s needs through conversation, and using your product knowledge and cycling experience to build the perfect solution while driving sales.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Facilitate communication with customers through email, phone, and chat from the presale process to post sale questions
- Investigating customer/client questions and issues, thus identifying and implementing solutions
- Assisting customers with product, compatibility and fit questions for our entire online catalog
- Supporting customers through our 'Sell // Trade' process
- Work closely with our operation and retail teams to set clear expectations for the customer
- Responsible for detailed reporting and tracking on individual daily tasks, invoices, and channel communications
- Identifying areas for improvement based on customer feedback
- Working with internal team on customer experience initiatives
- Demonstrating proficiency with various computer systems and software i.e. customer contact center knowledge, scheduling software and dexterity moving between systems
- 2-3 years of experience working in the bike industry on the retail, service, and/or manufacturer side providing outstanding customer service with high standards and stellar organizational skills
- You have experience with the following systems: Zendesk, Slack, G-Suite, or other contact center user experience
- You are personable (especially virtually) and have an awareness of your emotions, how they impact others, and the ability to manage stressful situations
- Possess a service mindset with a passion for providing a fantastic customer experience and an inherent motivation to help others; you’ll always go the extra mile to make sure the job gets done right
- Outstanding communication skills and great judgment
- You have strong initiative and are willing to jump right in and make things happen
- Thrive in a collaborative and fluid environment that may result in changing priorities
- Enthusiastic about the outdoor/cycling industry, the people it attracts, and all the gear!
THE PERKS OF WORKING AT TPC:
- Salary Range: $21 - $24/hr., plus bonus potential
- 3 weeks paid vacation, 6 paid holidays, 3 floating holidays, and a paid day off on your birthday
- 100% medical, dental, vision benefits, with a 60% dependent contribution
- Company paid disability and life insurance
- 401k with generous company matching
- Stock options: we’re all owners!
- A fun, relaxed, and flexible work environment
- WFH Flexible: this position is preferred hybrid with flex space in our Louisville HQ, but may be performed remotely in AR, AZ, CO, IL, NM, NJ, SC, VT
- Weekly all-hands company meeting keeps you engaged and connected to the business and your team members
- A culture of transparency with regular updates on company performance
- Group rides and amazing industry discounts
The Pro’s Closet is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and is committed to creating and celebrating a diverse work environment. We hire solely on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need, without regard to race, sex, gender expression, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.