Senior Director, UX & Product Design
We're TripleLift, an advertising platform on a mission to elevate digital advertising through beautiful creative, quality publishers, actionable data and smart targeting. Through over 1 trillion monthly ad transactions, we help publishers and platforms monetize their businesses. Our technology is where the world's leading brands find audiences across online video, connected television, display and native ads. Brand and enterprise customers choose us because of our innovative solutions, premium formats, and supportive experts dedicated to maximizing their performance.
As part of the Vista Equity Partners portfolio, we are NMSDC certified, qualify for diverse spending goals and are committed to economic inclusion. Find out how TripleLift raises up the programmatic ecosystem at triplelift.com.
TripleLift is seeking a Senior Director of User Experience (UX) and Product Design eager to bring their experience in user experience design, design leadership, people management, and product development to help shape and grow our emerging product design discipline and organization. You bring years of UX design leadership to the table, having worked closely with product, engineering, data, and marketing teams to bring B2C and B2B products from concept to market while being a key representative of the user/customer and owner of the design vision and visual design systems of a cohesive suite of product experiences. You are a seasoned people and project leader comfortable providing guidance, direction, and support to the UX and visual designers crafting the tools, ad products, and user interfaces that make up TripleLift’s product portfolio. You possess strong communication, organization, conflict and priority management, and coaching/mentoring experience and possess strong resource management and delegation skills.
- Develop and own the business' overall customer experience perspective and design architecture for our client-facing UIs and the consumer-facing ad product design that makes TripleLift unique in-market
- Own the overall look and feel of our client-facing ad product by crafting and implementing company-wide design processes and patterns, working closely with Product and Technology leaders to ensure usability, accessibility, and brand aesthetics are embedded into our ad products, client interfaces, and tools through our shared component library and design standards
- Direct research, testing, and execution of design best practices to create best-in-class ad tech experiences; be a leader in the establishment of our business' user experience discipline and increased focus on quality and experience
- Oversee a team of 5+ full-time and agency designers, managing their day-to-day tasks and responsibilities, providing design direction for visual and experience design deliverables, and helping manage and address risk and conflict
- Manage and prioritize a backlog of usability-related product features in coordination with Product and Engineering partners to execute across client-facing products
- Coach and mentor junior to senior-level designers in the refinement and advancement of their design skills and capabilities
- Help identify and onboard essential talent to help fill skills and experience gaps within the organization to help realize company goals and meet quality standards for user experience in our business- and consumer-facing products
- Work with our Research team to analyze and understand user behaviors and needs in order to inform and optimize advertising and product designs
- Prepare and present design documentation throughout the product development lifecycle for both internal executive and external client stakeholders
Desired Skills & Experiences
- Desired 7+ years of combined experience working in User Experience Design, Product Design, and/or User Research disciplines for companies with digital products serving B2B and B2C audiences
- Minimum 3+ years of formal people and performance management experience with a design team, agency, or organization
- Strong demonstration of experience working on key UX design activities and deliverables, as represented in a portfolio showing inputs/direction, process, and outcomes of these exercises
- Demonstrated experience coaching and mentoring 3+ designers through career development and skills improvement
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement design systems using component libraries, such as Material Design, Bootstrap, Tailwind, etc.
- Comfortable using modern design applications such as Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, and Sketch, as well as wireframe and flow diagram design tools, such as Balsamiq and Miro
- Familiar and comfortable with frontend web design languages (HTML, CSS, etc.), using the terminal or command line, and reviewing code in tools like VSCode and GitHub
- Experience with project management, ideally using industry standard tools such as Jira or Trello
- Fundamental understanding of Agile methodologies
- Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k w/ employer match
*Full-time employees are eligible for comprehensive benefits (subject to the terms of applicable plans/policies/agreements, which will be made available to you after commencing employment).
Life at TripleLift
At TripleLift, we’re a team of great people who like who they work with and want to make everyone around them better. This means being positive, collaborative, and compassionate. We hustle harder than the competition and are continuously innovating.
Learn more about TripleLift and our culture by visiting our LinkedIn Life page.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility at TripleLift
At TripleLift, we believe in the power of diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility. Our culture enables individuals to share their uniqueness and contribute as part of a team. With our DE&I initiatives, TripleLift is a place that works for you, and where you can feel a sense of belonging and support. At TripleLift, we will consider and champion all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic predisposition, veteran, marital, or any other status protected by law. TripleLift is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Learn more about our DEI efforts at https://triplelift.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion/
TripleLift does not accept unsolicited resumes from any type of recruitment search firm. Any resume submitted in the absence of a signed agreement will become the property of TripleLift and no fee shall be due.