Senior Legal Counsel (Corporate and Employment)
We're TripleLift, an advertising platform on a mission to elevate digital advertising through beautiful creative, quality publishers, actionable data and smart targeting. Through over 1 trillion monthly ad transactions, we help publishers and platforms monetize their businesses. Our technology is where the world's leading brands find audiences across online video, connected television, display and native ads. Brand and enterprise customers choose us because of our innovative solutions, premium formats, and supportive experts dedicated to maximizing their performance.
As part of the Vista Equity Partners portfolio, we are NMSDC certified, qualify for diverse spending goals and are committed to economic inclusion. Find out how TripleLift raises up the programmatic ecosystem at triplelift.com.
TripleLift’s Legal team supports our rapidly evolving and growing global advertising business. Our mandate is to provide strategic and practical legal advice to all functions throughout the organization – and our day to day work is diverse, ranging from drafting and negotiating contracts to evaluating product offerings to monitoring and addressing legislative and regulatory developments that affect the future of the internet. We are energized by the challenges of serving a dynamic, fast-growing company that’s shaping the future of online advertising in a complex ecosystem.
TripleLift is seeking a highly-motivated and entrepreneurial attorney. In this role, you will work closely with internal clients spanning multiple functions across TripleLift to understand and assess legal and business risks and make sound decisions under tight deadlines. This role will report to the General Counsel and includes opportunities for growth.
The ideal candidate is a business-minded lawyer who takes the time to understand our technology and business objectives so as to strategically and effectively balance legal risks in advising the business. This person is comfortable making decisions and will develop strong relationships across the business to support TripleLift as we develop and launch new products, expand internationally and reassess how we operate. This person is also a creative problem-solver and is not only comfortable but thrives in a high growth environment where they will work on exciting and complex legal issues that may even influence new legal precedent and shape the internet of the future. This person can draft and negotiate effectively and is excited about taking initiative to improve and build out the team’s forms, processes and procedures as we continue to expand.
- Support future corporate initiatives, including potential acquisitions and financing activity.
- Advise on and manage new growth initiatives, including international expansion and entering new markets.
- Develop, refine, and maintain policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal, state and international laws.
- Work with the General Counsel to support the corporate secretarial function and the board of directors, including preparation of agendas and materials for board of directors and committee meetings, including board minutes, resolutions and actions.
- Partner with cross-functional teams, including Product, Marketing, Engineering, Finance, and People, on legal matters.
- Lead highly complex, cross-border, commercial negotiations with strategic partners and some of the biggest names in digital advertising.
- Review, negotiate and draft a variety of technology and commercial agreements, including terms governing access to our core advertising services, platform vendor and data provider agreements, and other technology agreements.
- Help develop, implement and support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements, legal processes, policies and trainings.
- Advise and support matters relating to corporate governance for US and international subsidiaries.
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s corporate governance policies and procedures, ethical practices, and Company values, by providing guidance and support to business partners throughout the Company, including finance, treasury, tax, business development, commercial, policy, and real estate.
- Advise on, and prepare and review documents prepared by external counsel and external service providers relating to, subsidiary governance matters such as legal entity formations, mergers, restructurings, and dissolutions/liquidations; revisions to governance documents; board and officer changes; shareholder and board resolutions; and integration of and rationalization of acquired legal entities.
- Assist international legal teams to ensure compliance with changes in international laws and regulations pertaining to subsidiary governance matters, including related to environmental and other ESG matters.
- Provide legal counsel to the finance, tax and treasury groups, including in connection with financing activities and transactions, such as subsidiary capitalizations and distributions; provide legal advice on legal entity formations, liquidations, dissolutions, restructurings and other transactions related to the Company’s legal entity structure
- Assist with general corporate matters in Legal, including M&A, treasury, finance, regulatory, equity investment, and other cross-functional projects.
Labor & Employment
- Partner with members of the People team to drive the development of best in class, consistent employment practices, policies, and tools that align with TripleLift’s strategy, values, and business goals.
- Provide day to day counseling and advice for global operations across a variety of areas including employee relations, performance management, dispute resolution, leaves of absence and workforce issues.
- Create, update, and provide training programs on various employment law topics. Oversee and/or provide support regarding employment-related litigation, claims, charges, investigations, audits, and subpoenas.
- Audit employment policies, practices, and compliance initiatives with business clients; identify potential areas of vulnerability and risk; develop and implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues.
- Monitor employment law-related legislation, regulations, legal developments, and government oversight activities that may affect TripleLift.
- Draft employment-related agreements, including employment offers, contractor agreements, separation agreements, etc.
- Provide communications relating to new federal, state, and local legislation and regulations; work with business stakeholders to integrate new procedures and revised policies.
- Assist with the review and negotiation of client and vendor agreements and in furtherance of internal compliance initiatives.
- Working with outside counsel, provide day-to-day proactive employment law counseling and support resolution of HR and legal employment issues.
- Licensed to practice in NY with superior academic credentials
- 3+ years of corporate transactional experience at a top-tier law firm or in-house legal department. Some employment law experience is preferred but not required.
- Strong project-management and operational skills
- An entrepreneurial spirit and passion for working in a high-growth environment
- Ability to understand technology and understand the interplay between legal, policy and strategy
- Excellent business judgment and ability to assess legal risk while also thinking strategically and providing practical advice
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task and understand and manage shifting priorities and multiple projects
- Exceptional communication, analytical and writing skills
- Ability and desire to work both autonomously but also collaboratively as part of a growing legal team
- Passionate about a culture of learning and growing. You love challenging yourself to constantly learn and improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k w/ employer match
*Full-time employees are eligible for comprehensive benefits (subject to the terms of applicable plans/policies/agreements, which will be made available to you after commencing employment).
Life at TripleLift
At TripleLift, we’re a team of great people who like who they work with and want to make everyone around them better. This means being positive, collaborative, and compassionate. We hustle harder than the competition and are continuously innovating.
Learn more about TripleLift and our culture by visiting our LinkedIn Life page.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility at TripleLift
At TripleLift, we believe in the power of diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility. Our culture enables individuals to share their uniqueness and contribute as part of a team. With our DE&I initiatives, TripleLift is a place that works for you, and where you can feel a sense of belonging and support. At TripleLift, we will consider and champion all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic predisposition, veteran, marital, or any other status protected by law. TripleLift is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Learn more about our DEI efforts at https://triplelift.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion/
TripleLift does not accept unsolicited resumes from any type of recruitment search firm. Any resume submitted in the absence of a signed agreement will become the property of TripleLift and no fee shall be due.