VP of Investment Operations
About the Role
Yieldstreet is hiring a VP of Investment Operations to manage and maintain the operational excellence of our investment process. You will work on the team responsible for all of our investment finance, operations, tax and accounting functions, and partner with various stakeholders across the business to streamline, influence and enhance our processes. You will lead projects across the function as well as leading the effort of operational projects that span across multiple functions. You will have deep experience in understanding operational processes and related system applications and have the ability to identify opportunities for improvement.
This is a great opportunity for someone interested in transitioning out of a traditional investment company who is operationally savvy and excited about the opportunity to work in the fintech industry. The best fit is someone who recognizes the need for more people to access alternative investments and wants to support Yieldstreet’s leading position as an alternative investing platform.
What you'll do:
- Demonstrate leadership and development on a broad team of 20+ professionals
- Utilize a strong project management skill set to significantly move Yieldstreet’s Financial Operations function forward
- Develop and maintain understanding of business processes for current product offerings; assist in ensuring processes follow the correct set of accepted protocols
- Manage filing and maintenance of Finance and Investment records as well as ensuring fund/account compliance with agreements
- Lead the preparation of timely, efficient and accurate recording of transactions through cloud-based ERP
- Lead the generation, reconciliation and reviews of all month end accounting reporting
- Lead the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports to internal parties
- Coordinate onboarding of new fund offerings, including offerings in new asset classes.
- Participate in quarterly valuations processes
- Liaise with members and leaders of the investment team to enhance internal reporting capabilities to enhance portfolio management and risk management processes
- Build productive working relationships with various departments to ensure the timely completion of team initiatives
What you’ll need:
- 15+ years of experience in financial services focused on operations within investment management or similar function
- Finance degree or Masters in Accounting. CPA and/or CFA encouraged.
- Experience leading a high-performing interconnected operations team
- Strong knowledge of and experience using systems like Geneva and Advent
- Understanding of multiple vehicle structures, incl. parallel, co-investor, blocker, feeder, and holding company structures
- Track record of success in building new operational processes and an ability to work through ambiguity.
- Background in investor tax reporting, investor evaluation, investor accounting, and/or asset management
- Strong knowledge of reconciliation and account analysis
- Outstanding communicator and a solution-focused problem solver
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate new product opportunities by bringing internal stakeholders and existing/ new partners together
- An exceptional eye for detail, while working within strict timelines
- Tenacious and a strong sense of ownership over assigned tasks
- Ability to adapt to change and continuous business improvement
- A willingness to tackle new and unexpected challenges in a hands-on manner
Yieldstreet is building the largest global digital wealth management platform to change the way wealth is created. With an investor-first approach, our investor community builds a diversified portfolio of investments outside of the stock market to generate passive income. Yieldstreet is giving unprecedented access to asset classes such as Real Estate, Marine, Legal, Art & Commercial. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices in Brazil, Argentina, Malta and Greece.
We offer an attractive market compensation and a stock option plan, health and social security benefits in accordance with local legislation, weekly Team lunch, wellness credit, L&D stipend and unlimited PTO!
This is an opportunity to work with a group of diverse, smart, and friendly people from 8 different countries who speak a total of 17 different languages. Our team is made up of successful entrepreneurs with combined exits of over $1B, and we get social with each other during happy hours, exercise classes and team off sites! We're located in a beautiful new office in Midtown, our building is close to most major subway lines.
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $200,000+ (Actual salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.) Compensation package also includes generous bonus, benefits and equity.
Something looks off?