Accounting Manager, Registered Funds
About the Role
Yieldstreet is hiring a Public Fund Accountant Manager to work on the team responsible for all our accounting and finance functions. The job is to assist the Accounting and Finance team with the timely, efficient and accurate financial reporting of various entities. This role is for someone who has experience in accounting and the ability to apply relevant investment company accounting rules. You will be working on a team that is partially remote.
This role will be based out of the NYC office and requires being located within a commutable distance. You should expect to be in the office 3 days per week.
What you'll do:
Work with Yieldstreet registered funds
- Understanding of the regulated funds and operations
- Manage the the financial reporting process working with the fund administrator
- Manage the review of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports and filings with SEC
- Manage the completion and review of month-end financial reconciliations
- Own tasks assigned while playing an important role in projects relating to the operations of the accounting function
- Manage with tax compliance testing
- Manage process for for quarterly distributions
- Work with outside auditors and tax professionals
- Ad-hoc reports as necessary
What you’ll need:
- 4-6 years accounting experience within public accounting or investment management
- Understanding of accounting and the ability to apply relevant investment company accounting rules ASC 946
- Knowledge of reconciliation procedures and account analysis
- Demonstrate ability to proactively present and escalate ideas, suggestions and problems to ensure continuous improvement
- An exceptional eye for detail, whilst working within strict timelines
- Positive attitude, tenacious and a strong sense of ownership over assigned tasks
- Proactive and methodical approach to work
Bonus points for:
- Ability to problem solve with a tactical and strategic mindset
- Strong Excel skills
- Exemplary organizational skills along with a high attention to detail
- CPA preferred
Yieldstreet is building the largest global digital wealth management platform to change the way wealth is created. With an investor-first approach, our investor community builds a diversified portfolio of investments outside of the stock market to generate passive income. Yieldstreet is giving unprecedented access to asset classes such as Real Estate, Marine, Legal, Art & Commercial. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices in Brazil, Argentina, Malta and Greece.
This is an opportunity to work with a group of diverse, smart, and friendly people from 8 different countries who speak a total of 17 different languages. Our team is made up of successful entrepreneurs with combined exits of over $1B, and we get social with each other during happy hours, exercise classes and team off sites. We're located in a beautiful new office in Midtown, our building is close to most major subway lines.
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $130,000 - $150,000 (Actual salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.) Compensation package also includes equity.