Associate, Private Business Credit
About the Role
Yieldstreet’s Investment Team is looking for an Investment Associate to join our Private Business Credit vertical. You will report to the Senior Director, Head of Underwriting and play an integral part in the growth of Yieldstreet's Private Business Credit asset class. You will be responsible for assisting senior underwriters with screening new opportunities, preparation of credit committee memoranda, industry research and analysis, financial modeling and analysis, development of investor facing materials, as well as preparation of performance related information post closing for internal asset reviews and external investor communications. You will work collaboratively with senior underwriters, performance management team members and marketing professionals. Since our May 2020 launch, Yieldstreet Private Business Credit has originated over $500M in new investments to growing consumer and commercial finance companies, making us a market leader in specialty finance. Our investment structures include participations, direct loans and leases, as well as static pool and forward flow receivable acquisitions.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for Yieldstreet’s mission of helping individual investors gain access to a variety of alternative investments at above market yields. This is an opportunity to utilize your expertise to change the way wealth is created and help millions on their path to financial independence.
Private Business Credit is headquartered in New York City with offices in Northern Virginia and Miami, Florida. This role requires you to work in an office location three days a week with the option to work from home two days a week.
What you'll do:
- Conduct originator, borrower and guarantor screening reviews, including analysis of transaction structure, counterparty creditworthiness, and quality of collateral pledged as security. Prepare term sheets for new transactions.
- Prepare industry research and analysis for new transactions and update from time to time.
- Assist in the development and analysis of base case and stress case cash flow financial models for asset acquisitions, incorporating a sensitivity analysis for key performance metrics.
- Assist in the preparation of detailed prescreen and investment committee memos for presentation to the Yieldstreet credit committees incorporating background information, industry research, due diligence results, financial statement analysis, collateral analysis including base case and downside case models where appropriate.
- Prepare drafts of all Series Note Supplements and Offering Pages for Yieldstreet Private Business Credit Management and Legal Team approval often under tight deadlines. Coordinate distribution of final approved versions to internal Marketing teams for launch on the platform.
- Assist in monitoring performance of each transaction against the underwriting model, review borrowing bases, monthly financial results, and compliance with terms and covenants contained in the credit agreements. Assist with quarterly investor communications.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum three years of asset-based lending, securitization or investment banking experience.
- Ability to analyze financial statements and transactions structures and construct cash flow models for receivable portfolios including sensitization analyses for critical performance drivers.
- Ability to assess risk exposure and accurately articulate a financial and risk analysis in both verbal and written forms
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Deal execution mindset with an ability to work under tight deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with a particular emphasis on Excel capability
- Ability to work as part of a hyper growth team within a venture-backed organization.
- Flexible and dynamic capacity to multitask in multiple sub asset classes of Private Business Credit vertical
Bonus points for:
- Direct experience in financial modeling and data analytics, particularly related to public or private securitizations or other specialty finance portfolios.
- CPA or MBA in finance or completion of a formal Bank Credit Training Program
Yieldstreet is the leading private market investment platform. We believe that private market alternatives should be a fundamental part of your portfolio. That’s why we’re unlocking access to make it easier than ever to get started. We partner with top-tier investment managers to provide investors with a wide range of opportunities across real estate, venture capital, private equity, art, short term notes and more. All of our offerings are curated and vetted by our team to help investors diversify away from the stock market with confidence.
Join a team of diverse, smart, and friendly people from 8 different countries who speak a total of 17 different languages who are on a mission to make alternative investments a fundamental part of the modern portfolio. Our team is comprised of successful entrepreneurs with combined exits of over $1B. We get social with each other during happy hours, exercise classes and team off sites! We are a hybrid work company giving you the opportunity to connect with your peers in real time with the flexibility to work remotely a few days per week.
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $120,000+ (Actual salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.) Compensation package also includes generous, bonus, benefits and equity.