Manager, Private Business Credit
Director, Private Business Credit
Yieldstreet is looking for an experienced and strategic Director of Private Business Credit to drive and help shape the future of our Private Credit offerings to our investors. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of credit funds, investment banks, and structured credit, with a proven track record of success in private credit or asset securitizations. With 8+ years of experience in the financial sector, you will be responsible for underwriting deals within our PBC group immediately, taking deals from initial structuring, through underwriting, credit approval, legal documentation and finally to closing(funding). This role is a key strategic hire for our team as this person will lead pivotal strategy decisions needed to execute our strategic objectives and drive growth in our private credit portfolio.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive private credit strategy that aligns with the company's goals and objectives, leading deals from Origination all the way through Funding.
- Manage and optimize the private credit portfolio, ensuring it meets performance targets and risk management goals and most of all drives growth.
- Partner w/ cross functional stakeholders on due diligence efforts for potential private credit investments, assessing creditworthiness, risk factors, and potential returns.
- Work closely with the Private Credit Senior Director, Marketing team, and Investment Committee members to structure and execute private credit transactions that maximize returns while managing risk to curate attractive offerings for the Yieldstreet platform.
- Foster and maintain strong relationships with bankers, partners, and other stakeholders in the private credit space, bringing new business opportunities to the group when the situation arises.
- Prepare and present regular reports on the performance of the private credit portfolio to senior management and stakeholders.
- Build strong internal relationships to get deals done quickly and efficiently, with the objective of providing a quality work product for the investment committee and an excellent investor experience.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, or a related field; MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in credit funds, investment banks, or related roles, with a focus on structured credit, private credit, or securitization.
- Proven track record of successfully managing private credit portfolios and delivering strong financial results.
- A passion for Fintech and the desire to be part of an entrepreneurial team.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- A natural curiosity and the ability to think critically.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- Deep understanding of financial markets, credit risk assessment, and regulatory requirements in the private credit sector.
Yieldstreet is the leading private market investment platform. We believe that private market alternatives should be a fundamental part of your portfolio. That’s why we’re unlocking access to make it easier than ever to get started. We partner with top-tier investment managers to provide investors with a wide range of opportunities across real estate, venture capital, private equity, art, short term notes and more. All of our offerings are curated and vetted by our team to help investors diversify away from the stock market with confidence.
Join a team of diverse, smart, and friendly people from 8 different countries who speak a total of 17 different languages who are on a mission to make alternative investments a fundamental part of the modern portfolio. Our team is comprised of successful entrepreneurs with combined exits of over $1B. We get social with each other during happy hours, exercise classes and team off sites! We are a hybrid work company giving you the opportunity to connect with your peers in real time with the flexibility to work remotely a few days per week.
What’s in it for you:
Competitive compensation packages including equity
Health, dental & vision coverage with FSA/HSA options
Learning and Development stipend
Paid lunch once a week
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $180,000 + (Actual salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.) Compensation package also includes equity.