Production Supervisor 3rd shift - On-site - St. Louis, MO
The Production Supervisor is a leadership position in the STL production facility. The production facility prints and processes documents to mail through the USPS. This position is responsible for all aspects of the production floor and will have 10-20 associates reporting to them. This position plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and contributes to improvements associated with production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions. This position has direct contact with service providers and technicians who troubleshoot and resolve maintenance issues. The primary focus of the supervisor role is to manage the team to maintain expected productivity on the shift and maintain a positive work environment. This role is hands on and is actively engaged with the team throughout the shift.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Effectively manages daily workload and completion of production jobs to meet mail pick-up times and client SLA
- Ensures effective employee relations; provides employee coaching and development; contributes to employment decisions; resolves employee issues through proper training and problem resolution.
- Balances quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas. Works to continuously improve in all areas.
- Manages departmental performance and provides Director of Operations with daily production activities. This includes reporting throughput, downtime, errors or issues during shift.
- Communicates effectively with other shift supervisors and management
- Opens and tracks all issues in project management software in a timely manner
- Prints and organizes USPS required documentation and makes adjustments to documents if needed.
- Understands all processes related to shipping department. This includes but not limited to making and printing labels, packaging, creating pack slips and maintaining relationships with carriers such as UPS, FedEx, USPS, and DHL.
- Ordering shipping supplies as necessary
- Understands the quality control process and can troubleshoot issues as necessary
- Provides training and production orientation to all New Hires.
- Supports production staff in operating production equipment when needed. This includes troubleshooting and escalating issues as necessary.
- Follows all standard operating procedures and instructions relevant to the job, position and department accurately.
- Verifies through departmental spot checks that Standard Operating Procedures are accurately being administered and performed by the Production Staff.
- Follows established HIPAA, Compliance & Security policies, department policies, procedures, work instructions and safety and environmental guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent GED required
- Minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in a production type environment
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience required
- Proven track record of leading with high quality and productivity standards
- Strong leadership and analytical skills
- Must have basic computer skills
- Knowledge of USPS mail preparation not required but preferred
- Mechanical aptitude is required
- Stand for long periods of time
- Able to lift 50 lbs. or more
- Work long hours and flexible schedule when needed throughout the year
- Peak season will require 8hr shifts and 7 days a week for 6-8 weeks.
- Use standard office equipment
- Ability to operate all warehouse motorized equipment such as Forklift, clamp truck and electric Walkie pallet jacks
As a leading payments company in healthcare, we guide, price, explain, and pay for care on behalf of insurers and their members. We’re Zelis in our pursuit to align the interests of payers, providers, and consumers to deliver a better financial experience and more affordable, transparent care for all. We partner with more than 700 payers, including the top-5 national health plans, BCBS insurers, regional health plans, TPAs and self-insured employers, over 4 million providers, and 100 million members, enabling the healthcare industry to pay for care, with care. Zelis brings adaptive technology, a deeply ingrained service culture, and a comprehensive navigation through adjudication and payment platform to manage the complete payment process.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
At Zelis, we champion diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in all aspects of our operations. We embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at Zelis, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Zelis is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, even if you do not believe you 100% fit the qualifications of the position, including women, LGBTQIA people, people of color, and people with disabilities.
We are dedicated to ensuring our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and require a reasonable accommodation with any part of the application and/or interview process, please email TalentAcquisition@zelis.com
SCAM ALERT: There is an active nationwide employment scam which is now using Zelis to garner personal information or financial scams. This site is secure, and any applications made here are with our legitimate partner. If you’re contacted by a Zelis Recruiter, please ensure whomever is contacting you truly represents Zelis Healthcare. We will never asked for the exchange of any money or credit card details during the recruitment process. Please be aware of any suspicious email activity from people who could be pretending to be recruiters or senior professionals at Zelis.