Staff Software Engineering
Sapphire Digital, now a part of Zelis, is looking for mid-level Software Developers to expand our engineering team. You will need to be team player while collaborating closely with our product managers to enhance our mature, complex product. You will get to work with Ruby on Rails, Angular, AWS, Rabbit, Solr, Postgres, Redis, Puppet, and Hubot, among other technologies. We offer comprehensive onboarding, career guidance, a competitive salary, a remote-friendly workspace and continuing educations support. We follow an Agile methodology in small software teams.
In this position, you'll be responsible for:
- Developing new full-stack features to improve our Sapphire 365 product.
- Supporting and enhancing current systems.
- Debugging and optimizing code.
- Supporting the development of documentation and tests.
- Building tooling to improve our operational efficiency.
- Mentoring others on the established practices and patterns used by the team.
You might be a good fit if you have:
- 5 to 10 years experience with Ruby on Rails and/or Angular a must.
- Familiarity using Git, HTML, and CSS.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A collaborative spirit, and you enjoy working with a team to build things.
- A desire to continually improve, and you value giving and receiving constant and constructive feedback.
- A deliberate approach to software development, guided by automated testing and short feedback cycles.
- An owner’s mindset, taking ownership of not only your work throughout the software development life-cycle, but continually looking for ways to improve the entire product.
As a leading payments company in healthcare, we guide, price, explain, and pay for care on behalf of insurers and their members. We’re Zelis in our pursuit to align the interests of payers, providers, and consumers to deliver a better financial experience and more affordable, transparent care for all. We partner with more than 700 payers, including the top-5 national health plans, BCBS insurers, regional health plans, TPAs and self-insured employers, over 4 million providers, and 100 million members, enabling the healthcare industry to pay for care, with care. Zelis brings adaptive technology, a deeply ingrained service culture, and a comprehensive navigation through adjudication and payment platform to manage the complete payment process.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
At Zelis, we champion diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in all aspects of our operations. We embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at Zelis, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Zelis is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, even if you do not believe you 100% fit the qualifications of the position, including women, LGBTQIA people, people of color, and people with disabilities.
We are dedicated to ensuring our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and require a reasonable accommodation with any part of the application and/or interview process, please email TalentAcquisition@zelis.com
SCAM ALERT: There is an active nationwide employment scam which is now using Zelis to garner personal information or financial scams. This site is secure, and any applications made here are with our legitimate partner. If you’re contacted by a Zelis Recruiter, please ensure whomever is contacting you truly represents Zelis Healthcare. We will never asked for the exchange of any money or credit card details during the recruitment process. Please be aware of any suspicious email activity from people who could be pretending to be recruiters or senior professionals at Zelis.