Zelis is looking for a talented Business Analyst with Agile/Kanban experience and comprehensive understanding of modern web technologies to grow our team and support the development of our Network360 Analytics Suite web application. The Business Analyst will act as a liaison among internal stakeholders to analyze, collect, document, communicate and validate business and system requirements. They will define and document internal systems and data requirements in a clear and concise manner. They will create and maintain detailed workflows and be asked to prepare presentations as needed.
The Business Analyst is responsible for working closely with the Product team and will be essential in transforming the ideas of the product manager into agile, lightweight requirements. This individual will work with account managers and other staff to refine requirements. Primary responsibilities are:
- Collaborate with the product manager and developers to determine how each feature will be implemented
- Create technical documents (sometimes detailed)
- Communicate plans, roadmaps and new features to the internal and external stakeholders
- Coordinate reviews, walkthroughs and acceptance level testing with product and account managers
- Write release notes, product documentation and FAQ pages
- Create and update process flows, mockups and acceptance criteria
This individual must work well in a fast paced, demanding environment; the ability to efficiently organize and prioritize projects and assignments to meet deadlines is essential to success.
- Trello.com for issue and bug tracking
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Confluence for documentation
- Work directly with and serve as the liaison between business units, technology teams and support teams.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements, workshops, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow.
- Designs new system enhancements by analyzing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts and decompose high-level information into details.
- Create and maintain workflows, approval processes, and validation rules based on internal stakeholder requirements.
- Create training materials and documentations for internal claims system
- Perform a thorough gap analysis of existing to potential functionality for the claim processing systems
- Regularly meet with business users to have a better understanding of the operations
- Perform analysis and identify gaps in functionality for system integrations
- Securing sign-off on requirements documentation to manage project scope
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Improves systems by studying current practices; designing modifications
- Assist in quality assurance of new software or enhancements to existing software as needed
- Deliver informative, well-organized presentations.
- Maintain awareness of and ensure adherence to ZELIS standards regarding privacy.
- Agile/Kanban Business Analysis experience
- Extremely motivated and proactive with a demonstrable history of high achievement
- Thrives when working in a fast paced, demanding environment
- Innovative problem-solver who constructively overcomes obstacles utilizing resourceful solutions
- Passionate about technology and business
- Enjoys a collaborative, team setting
- Works well in an open environment and thrives on constructive feedback
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree
7+ years experience, with at least 5 years as a Business Analyst preferred
As a leading payments company in healthcare, we guide, price, explain, and pay for care on behalf of insurers and their members. We’re Zelis in our pursuit to align the interests of payers, providers, and consumers to deliver a better financial experience and more affordable, transparent care for all. We partner with more than 700 payers, including the top-5 national health plans, BCBS insurers, regional health plans, TPAs and self-insured employers, over 4 million providers, and 100 million members, enabling the healthcare industry to pay for care, with care. Zelis brings adaptive technology, a deeply ingrained service culture, and a comprehensive navigation through adjudication and payment platform to manage the complete payment process.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
At Zelis, we champion diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in all aspects of our operations. We embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at Zelis, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Zelis is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, even if you do not believe you 100% fit the qualifications of the position, including women, LGBTQIA people, people of color, and people with disabilities.
We are dedicated to ensuring our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and require a reasonable accommodation with any part of the application and/or interview process, please email TalentAcquisition@zelis.com
SCAM ALERT: There is an active nationwide employment scam which is now using Zelis to garner personal information or financial scams. This site is secure, and any applications made here are with our legitimate partner. If you’re contacted by a Zelis Recruiter, please ensure whomever is contacting you truly represents Zelis Healthcare. We will never asked for the exchange of any money or credit card details during the recruitment process. Please be aware of any suspicious email activity from people who could be pretending to be recruiters or senior professionals at Zelis.